Best "cheap" game cam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best "cheap" game cam?

Time to upgrade my cameras, what's the best, $150 or less game cam now days?

Thanks

I bought a couple of the Wildegame IR4.0 and they have worked great and they are only $89 bucks at academy.

Comment

Put another $39 bucks with that and go get you the Bushnell Trophy Cam. You can order from Busy Bee Outdoors with no tax, free shipping, and a free 1 gig card. I have been down right impressed with this little camera.

Comment

Man, ive had a bunch of different ones and for the reliablilty and easy set up I will take the cheap wildview cam over any. You can buy them In 2 pack for a hundred bucks. Just my .02

Comment

You have factors, picture quality, battery life, etc..? For the picture quality spypoint fla has been better than the bushnell but battery life bushnell wins but night pics are less than desirable somewhat.

Comment

Battery life is a very important factor to consider when picking a game camera. We where putting $15 bucks a week in batteries in a "cheap" camera, so that cost really adds up. I have one one set of batteries in my Bushnell for 3 months and it is still working like a champ.

Comment

Put another $50 and go homebrew and you'll never look back.

Comment

Originally posted by ace44 View Post
                I bought a couple of the Wildegame IR4.0 and they have worked great and they are only $89 bucks at academy.
                I had one of these for a couple of weeks. It worked fine for about a week. Batteries don't last any longer than that. 4 C-size batteries every 7-10 days gets pretty expensive. About 3 weeks into it, we had rain. I checked the camera the next day, and it was full of water. The gasket around the door didn't seal. I did have it latched properly.

I took it in to Academy while it was still wet, and I traded it for a StealthCam for $40 more or so. I also bought a big rechargeable 12v battery pack to go with it. That was a month or so ago, and the battery pack is still going. Plus, the StealthCam's motion detector is VERY sensitive. I was getting a full 2GB card of 2,900 pics every week due to the wind blowing the tall grass around day and night. I set a post at a different angle and mounted the camera up a little higher looking down at the feeder so the grass wasn't in the background. That solved my wind problem. I'm sure the battery would last nearly an entire season as long as it's not taking pictures of the wind blowing all day.

Comment

The best I have found for picture quality is the stealth cam I590 hands down and it will take picts at a long distance great flash range. Go to radio shack and buy a plug and hook it to a 12volt gell cell and it will take months worth of photos on one charge. I average 9-12 hundred picts a week on this camera and I still only charge the battery every other month.
                  The wild view are cheap and can use the external battery. A little quirky but take pictures. Quality of photos and flash range are not as good. They will show you whats there.

Comment

I have 3 Wildview trail cams and all are working well, averaging abour 250 pics per week per camera, the batteries do wear down, so I bought a bulk pack of "c" sized batteries, each camera takes 4. If you invest in these cameras. you might want to get a battery charger. I trade out the memory cards and take a card reader to the lease and download the pics to my laptop and then delete the pics and return the memory card to the trail cam before I leave the lease for the weekend, seems to be working pretty good.

Comment

Shane, which StealthCam do you have?

Comment

I went for quantity over quality whenever I was buying new cams for this season. Picked up 4 of the wildview cams from Academy and went to town. They haven't been terribly bad, but I have not been very impressed with the battery life at all.

I really wish I would have just gone and bought two real nice ones vs. four that ate 4 C batts each week.

Comment

I'd throw in another $50 and get a cuddeback.

Comment

We use the Remington Ghost 5.0... Got them when they were on sale for $50. Most of the time they are $99. But work great. Just keep the lense and in INF RED clean.

Comment

Originally posted by djc View Post
                              Shane, which StealthCam do you have?
                              This one

plus

this battery

Comment

Working...
                              X