No announcement yet.

Is this worth it? Lease amount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems to be a good deal. Like everyone else said, close to home is a great value plus spending time with your kids in the woods is great!

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
      For year round access and river access, I would say yes. I would look at it as more of an overall entertainment lease and not hunting lease.
      This right here.

IMO its worth half the money to be able to hang by the river cook burgers and drink some beer with friends. Lemme know when you want me to bring the burger

Comment

bigger view

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
        Would like to see more of the surrounding terrain before I could add any input.

Skinny
        Here ya go!
        Attached Files

Comment

I agree that if it's close, then that's a good deal to have a place to hunt and fish and hang out for the year. Good luck!

Skinny

Comment

$600 for yourself year round, with river access, yes it is worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel32 View Post
              I'd pay $600 for the whole place to myself if I were in your shoes.

-Year round access
              -10 min drive
              -decent opportunity to take a deer
              -family friendly

All make it worth it if you can take the whole property. I would however be concerned about sharing the property as that's a small tract of land and could easily be over hunted and not worth it
              x2

Comment

Deer will defiantly cross the river for a food source. I have seen deer swim across a flowing river on my pace, shake off, and start eating corn. Looks to be plenty tree cover cross the river

Comment

Do it!!!

Comment

10 minutes from house/ year round access to the river/ $600/ well worth it even if you just hang out with the kids, shoot a few does, and catch a few catfish.

Keep it simple. Not too much work or time invested and you should be happy.

Comment

Hunt one or two doesn't really matter, river access, good woods around, and food source. You will have deer, go for and enjoy.

Comment

I had a place like that outside of Georgetown a few years ago. 150 acres with only about 40 acres of wooded access and a creek flowing thru the timber. Saw a lot of deer and took a few. I'd say it is a great deal, depending upon 1) how many deer populate that area and 2) if you are more inclined to just hunt or kill.

I'd definitely say try it for a year and see what happens.

Comment

Agreed on 1 person/family, that it's more than just a hunting place, and its close to home. It's worth a shot for a season

Comment

If it is for $600.00 per person, I would pay $1200.00 and find the other person myself, and charge them $600.00 nice looking place.

Comment

Too small to put 2 guys on for sure. But I'd spend $600 on it if it were 10 minutes from my house. Having a quick and easy place to hunt all year would be worth that easily.

Comment

I would pay the $600 and not even mess with trying to jew with the guy. Looks like a pretty good set up. It could probably be hunted by two people if yall get together, study the place and get your stands set accordingly. Looks like a lot better place than the one you were showing me last week. Text me and let me know who the landowner is.
                                Last edited by texan16; 09-13-2017, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X