No announcement yet.

Best way to prepare this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canned meat seriously is legit, follow other home canning precautions. Make sure the lid doesn't pop etc.. once opened, smell it, if it's foul no good. If neither of those things then make tips and rice out of it, or stew.. or guisada, anything else you would use chunked meat for.. it's legit.. seriously legit. I also can't believe more folks haven't heard of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Change Up View Post
      If you have never had can deer meat you are missing a great way to have
      I have heard the same thing on more than one occasion. I sure wouldn't throw it out or give it to dogs without at least trying it first.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post

Have not decided yet how I am going to fix it but definitely will be opening outside just in case it is spoiled

I doubt it is bad because the lady that gave it to my wife said they eat it

Sushi and shashimi have not killed me

Lingua tacos are pretty **** good too
        Had lingua yesterday. Try it..................

Comment

Goodbye says it all
          -Blackhawk

Comment

Moose tacos.

Comment

I was on a deer hunt up in Alberta Canada a few years back, my guide stopped by his house for lunch, he boiled some taters and cooked some greens, then he heated up some canned moose, it had gravy like juice, it was awesome, I even got the recipe from him, never did try and make any.

Comment

For all you that were interested in how this turned out

Took the advice of girl that give it to us and ladled it over a baked potato

Pretty dang good [emoji1303]

Going to make tacos out of the other jar

Comment

Working...
                X