Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you willing to pay for trophy whitetail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexMax View Post
    Not sure.

Are Hunter numbers really declining or is that a per capita thing.
    These are actual fact, as we baby boomers retire from hunting. We aren't being replaced by next generations of young hunters. Being on State board NWTF, Texas we work closely with TPWD and the numbers we see are scary.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
      Trophy hunting is not the reason for the decline in hunter recruitment
      Never said trophy hunting was reason...ask what would you pay for a trophy whitetail. You miss point sika. And yes it has an indirect impact on hunter recruitment, if all that new hunters see as being the normal cost to hunt for whitetail is the high cost to harvest one.

Comment

Originally posted by tiberiuswade View Post
        These are actual fact, as we baby boomers retire from hunting. We aren't being replaced by next generations of young hunters. Being on State board NWTF, Texas we work closely with TPWD and the numbers we see are scary.

I’d like to see those numbers and how they were acquired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
          I would buy a steer before i would pay that for a deer. My trophy is a full freezer
          X2 and get more meat to boot with change for other things. Good point

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
            Half the fun is farting around fixing/building things and sitting by the fire BS’n. I don’t see the point in spending mega bucks for mega bucks but don’t fault anyone else for it.
            X2
            Spending time with a youngster teaching them and sharing stories round fire. Making memories and instilling good stewardship. Family/friends

Comment

Don't confuse higher lease prices with trophy hunting. They're not synonymous.

Comment

I heard through a grapevine a good hunter payed 53000 for a 270 + class buck one time but don't know all the details on that deal [emoji23][emoji12]

Comment

Good hunters don't pay for trophy deer....they sacrifice and earn trophy deer

Comment

Kick and shoot is devaluing trophy hunting. Capitalism is raising the price of leases.

In the old days a natural native 200 deserved a high price, now a 300 pen buck is cheap.

In the old days a cattleman would lease his land cheap, now he knows there’s a market for hunting land.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                      I heard through a grapevine a good hunter payed 53000 for a 270 + class buck one time but don't know all the details on that deal [emoji23][emoji12]

All I saw was the LDP...

Comment

What are you willing to pay for trophy whitetail?

I've seen all over the country where hunters pay upwards of $5000 or more to have opportunity to harvest a trophy whitetail.

My question to all good hunters: what will you pay for Over 225'' SCI whitetail
                        $10,175.00 to $15,000.00....

No wonder our hunter numbers are declining

Never said trophy hunting was reason...ask what would you pay for a trophy whitetail. You miss point sika. And yes it has an indirect impact on hunter recruitment, if all that new hunters see as being the normal cost to hunt for whitetail is the high cost to harvest one.

Why are new hunters worried about the cost of a 200”+ whitetail? I’m 48 years old and I don’t give a flip about what one costs. When I was a new hunter I was just worried about being able to kill A whitetail. Still am just after whatever whitetail my lease provides. IMO your two comparisons aren’t necessary related.

Your example is akin to saying less people are driving these days because a Ferrari costs $300K.

Or more people are renting apartments instead of buying homes because some celebrity’s house cost $30 million.
                        Last edited by Smart; 02-10-2018, 05:58 AM.

Comment

I see lots of members posting $5,000 and up day hunt buck kills, so that seems to be pretty common.

Leases are very expensive (not saying they're not worth it), so I'm teaching my kids to hunt as much public land as possible. Sure, they'll have to work harder at it, but there are opportunities to hunt out there if inches of antler and bragging rights aren't high priorities.

Comment

Surely the market gets flooded with the pen raised deer at some point???

Comment

About $48

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post

And then after he killed it the buck still got away!

Comment

Working...
                                X