FOC increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stick'n'String View Post
    That's beyond me, but it sounds awesome. I'm definitely not tech savy. Especially photoshop, that's WAY to complicated for me. I feel like a fine tip sharpie would be much simpler

I'm too OCD for sharpie

Comment

Originally posted by JimboBurnsy View Post
      I'll let you know how these work out. I seem to recall that your draw weight is slightly less so you may be able to put more weight up front.

With the carbon-to-carbon measurement at 31.25", with a 100 grain brass insert and wearing a 100-grain point, my FOC should be in the neighborhood of 17-18% and the arrow, by the calculator, should be a little overspined.

If I need it, I can go up to a 175 grain point and not be underspined and push the FOC up around 20%.

My new "light" arrow configuration is going to be 550 grains. I'll see if I can fit a second sight tape on my slider to switch back and forth between FOC and whitetail arrows.
      I would be a little concerned about the tune of each one of these set ups being different, possibly? Let us know if that type of set up on your 2 arrows and 2 sight tapes work. Good luck and keep the info and talk/comments/set UPS coming. Interesting to see what everyone else is doing or trying.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
        I would be a little concerned about the tune of each one of these set ups being different, possibly? Let us know if that type of set up on your 2 arrows and 2 sight tapes work. Good luck and keep the info and talk/comments/set UPS coming. Interesting to see what everyone else is doing or trying.
        That's definitely a legitimate concern and I'm rapidly leaning farther and farther towards just shooting a strong 550 grain arrow and keeping things simple.

Comment

FOC increase

Since the draw length on my bow is 31" instead of 32" how will that affect my arrow spine?
          Will the 340's work or so I still need 300 or 250's?

I don't think 1" will make a difference
          Last edited by Pushbutton2; 11-20-2014, 08:02 PM.

Comment

I'm gunna say still need a 300 or 250. Because I'm 28" dl. 28" arrow and I'm right on the edge of being weak

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
              I'm gunna say still need a 300 or 250. Because I'm 28" dl. 28" arrow and I'm right on the edge of being weak

What spine are you shooting?

How did you determine you were on the edge of having a weak spone?

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post

A weak arrow can always be tune. Now that I said that. I will say all bows above 30 in draw and above 330 fps need a 300 spine. With normal front weight. If your going to add weight to get a higher foc you will need a 250 spine.

I understand your trying to learn. Hell we are all trying to learn, but this has been told a lot in this thread.

Go to pinwheel ontarget and down load the program. Do all the playing you want with it. But no matter what. If your looking for any amount of weight up front. I bet the program tells you 250 spine.

At that point stop listening to everyone here. Go buy you some arrows. Tune the bow and go have fun.

Comment

Pushbutton I'm shooting black eagle deep impacts .350 and muddy let me know I was right on the edge when he made my arrows. And that I would be fine. And they have been.

This has been a great thread and like enewman said we've all learned something from it.

Comment

Pushbutton2

I just reread what I wrote. It sounds rude. By no means did I mean for it to sound like that.

I have the over analyze problem. I think they call it OCD. Haha. I do reach a point that I think it becomes a waist of time. I've been bare shaft tuning. I'm beginning to think its a waist. My form is not good enough.

What I'm been doing is paper tuning starting at 6 ft and back up three ft at a time out to 20 yards. And make sure I have a group of arrows all bullet holes.

I do think bare shaft bullets holes out to 20 yards would be great. But I do not have the form nor do I hunt with bare shaft.

I think you can tune just about any arrow to shoot, but I do think it's easier when the spine is close to what you need. The bad thing is for a correct spine and a heavy foc your overly long draw is a problem. Haha. That's what us short people say to try to justify being vertically challenged.

Comment

FOC increase

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                      Pushbutton2

I just reread what I wrote. It sounds rude. By no means did I mean for it to sound like that.

I have the over analyze problem. I think they call it OCD. Haha. I do reach a point that I think it becomes a waist of time. I've been bare shaft tuning. I'm beginning to think its a waist. My form is not good enough.

What I'm been doing is paper tuning starting at 6 ft and back up three ft at a time out to 20 yards. And make sure I have a group of arrows all bullet holes.

I do think bare shaft bullets holes out to 20 yards would be great. But I do not have the form nor do I hunt with bare shaft.

I think you can tune just about any arrow to shoot, but I do think it's easier when the spine is close to what you need. The bad thing is for a correct spine and a heavy foc your overly long draw is a problem. Haha. That's what us short people say to try to justify being vertically challenged.

Initially I was put off a little by your reply. Then I remembered all my bad days and I was fine!
                      I'm being told by people who's opinion I respect that what I'm shooting is fine and others I'm to weak.
                      I'm looking for a way, procedure, process or whatever to determine myself what it is that I Like, want, or ?????
                      To me this is in intriguing problem. :-) I really enjoy intriguing problems? But if you enjoy something is it still a problem?

I received a soft part time job offer from the bow shop the last time I was in there. I've never given it a lot of thought before. I'm intrigued :-)
                      Last edited by Pushbutton2; 11-21-2014, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Initially I was put off a little by your reply. Then I remembered all my bad days and I was fine!
                        I'm being told by people who's opinion I respect that what I'm shooting is fine and others I'm to weak.
                        I'm looking for a way, procedure, process or whatever to determine myself what it is that I Like, want, or ?????
                        To me this is in intriguing problem. :-) I really enjoy intriguing problems? But if you enjoy something is it still a problem?

I received a soft part time job offer from the bow shop the last time I was in there. I've never given it a lot of thought before. I'm intrigued :-)
                        That is a bad thing about writing. No emotions. And I leave words out. And you are right on problems. I'm still looking for the best way for me for tuning. But again is that really a problem haha

It's kind of like paper tuning. I have never done it. Most say why waist the time go straight to walk back. I've been playing with paper and I do see a advantage. But again is it worth it. That is what I'm working on now.

Part of the problem is trying to shoot a heavy foc. Some say it's easy to tune a heavy foc. What I'm finding is it's not. Or at least for me. Now dynamic spine comes into play big time
                        Last edited by enewman; 11-21-2014, 02:37 PM.

Comment

all things in moderation guys...........................moderation. building an extremely light arrow can be just as tricky as building a heavy arrow. the middle road is still where you can have your cake and eat it too.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                            all things in moderation guys...........................moderation. building an extremely light arrow can be just as tricky as building a heavy arrow. the middle road is still where you can have your cake and eat it too.
                            Haha I do nothing in moderation. I'm the guy that's says, here hold my beer.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                              Moderation? I'm not familiar with that word;-) isn't that when you and your lawyer get together with her and her lawyer to try and solve a problem before seeing a Judge :-)

Middle of the road is filled with cements walls, trees, brush and other nefarious things :-)
                              I want to drive a Mack truck on the Autobahn

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                              Haha I do nothing in moderation. I'm the guy that's says, here hold my beer.

Me too!!
                              Since I don't drink it's here hold my Double chocolate frappe machiatoe espresso double milk soy latte cappachino ;-))

But I ain't scared either ;-)

Comment

Moderation? I'm not familiar with that word;-) isn't that when you and your lawyer get together with her and her lawyer to try and solve a problem before seeing a Judge :-)

Middle of the road is filled with cements walls, trees, brush and other nefarious things :-)
                                I want to drive a Mack truck on the Autobahn

Me too!!
                                Since I don't drink it's here hold my Double chocolate frappe machiatoe espresso double milk soy latte cappachino ;-))

But I ain't scared either ;-)
                                All right we got to meet. That's funny

Comment

Working...
                                X