No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like I siad I understand in a way,I to didnt grow up hunting,90% of my family is deceased and the rest live outta state.So public lands are what I got to work with until Im outta school and on with a career. Im single,no kids so maybe Ill find lease,maybe Ill forever be on public lands. And thats ok with me. I guess I see the struggle of finding help of where to start? How to field dress a deer? What do I need to hunt? Shoot I didnt even know, there was a thing called public land till I got to research it,didnt know there wasnt much opportunity for gun hunting. So sold the rifle,bought a bow and like I siad was lucky enough to have someone show me a few things to look for,guide me along the first year. 3 years in I've gotten closer and closer each year to sealing the deal but havent yet. Guess its a careing heart woman thing, that wants to help everyone I can,i dunno lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by beararcher_84 View Post
      Like I siad I understand in a way,I to didnt grow up hunting,90% of my family is deceased and the rest live outta state.So public lands are what I got to work with until Im outta school and on with a career. Im single,no kids so maybe Ill find lease,maybe Ill forever be on public lands. And thats ok with me. I guess I see the struggle of finding help of where to start? How to field dress a deer? What do I need to hunt? Shoot I didnt even know, there was a thing called public land till I got to research it,didnt know there wasnt much opportunity for gun hunting. So sold the rifle,bought a bow and like I siad was lucky enough to have someone show me a few things to look for,guide me along the first year. 3 years in I've gotten closer and closer each year to sealing the deal but havent yet. Guess its a careing heart woman thing, that wants to help everyone I can,i dunno lol

Nothing wrong with that. Lots of us here have felt the same. And still do. And have helped in many ways. Just can't always do what we feel like no matter how much a want to help. Or pay a price for the actions. I don't mind showing someone how to skin a critter. Or blood track. Or tell the difference between hog tracks and deer tracks, what turkey scat looks like, ect. Or dis-pith old wives tales about tracks. Or help with lots of other useful things that every average hunter should know. But also not gonna give away a lot of hard work anymore either .

Comment

You know TG ive known you for quite a few years now , and the best advice you ever gave me was to spend some time in the woods. Last season i finally connected and this years season was the best i ever had. It was satisfying knowing that i found and developed my own spot , so i understand how you feel. What i suggest is that you get out there now and scout hard for the new season so your ready way beforehand!

Comment

Hello all, Some good information on this forum. I'm going to head out to Whitney/Aquilla on May 5th and hope to find some Turkeys. This is my 3rd season hunting, and first time to try anything on public land. Hope it goes well!

Comment

Originally posted by arrowdiger View Post
            I will be driving up to Taylor Nebraska and meeting my father in law and brother in law on November 8th and setting up some pop up blinds. Rife season starts on the 11th and we will hunt for 8 days there if we don't tag out sooner. Then we will drive back to my father in laws in Myrtle Missouri and hunt for 6 days or more if we tag out early in Nebraska. We have access to 1500 acres in Nebraska and 500 in Missouri all private land that we get to hunt for free.

Here's a few bucks from the last few years they have hunted Nebraska.
            Those are some awesome bucks!

Comment

2018-2019 Hunting Permits

What dates will Whitney be opening for permits for the 2018-2019 seasons? Hoping to get one this year.

Comment

Mid August after 2018-2019 hunting licenses are available.

Comment

I found this yesterday at the lake.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                    I found this yesterday at the lake.
                    That aught to make a couple nice fee-lays.

(Fee-lay: a fee imposed upon catfish while in the laying down position, intended for consumption. )

The fish are biting. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Theres more out there somewhere.

Comment

Bet I know where a good place is at the moment too. Wishing this house were done with. I'd be running trotlines right now. Looking like it's gonna be after the 14th before I can do anything.

The fish are biting. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

I have to take my wife camping at Texoma for our anniversary, and next week i have to cook at a party so a few weeks before i get out there again.

Comment

Anybody looking for a good deal on some little 3D targets,I picked these 3 in a set at Academy today for $30...normally $100 at Cabelas. Just passing it along

Comment

Anybody looking for a good deal on some little 3D targets,I picked these 3 in a set at Academy today for $30...normally $100 at Cabelas. Just passing it along

Little boy not included...lol

Comment

Little boy not included...lol

Shucks, I was gonna need someone to retrieve my arras.

Nice offer!

Comment

Working...
                                X