No announcement yet.

Truck tires on a UTV Crew Per PM's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sincerely hope this has helped those who were interested in going a different direction. We all are in different areas of the state, but I would offer anyone who wants a ride in my Crew to see the difference, I'd be happy to provide.

Folks, just from a "older TBH'R"....the ride does not compare to standard UTV tires...IMO of course! Good luck and it's an investment very much worth it...at least to my ole' bones and those who ride with us. Kuma

Comment

It’s been a HUGE help Kuma! Got the TBH brain trust fired up and making things happen.

Top of your head what psi you running in the BFG’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
        It’s been a HUGE help Kuma! Got the TBH brain trust fired up and making things happen.

Top of your head what psi you running in the BFG’s?

I'm not sure? Give me time tomorrow and I'll put my gage on it and let you know? I'm always a little paranoid and judge how much "bulge" the tires show just eyeing it...if that makes any sense..lol...My late Dad taught me this "eye" method.

The Discount Tire here in Granbury I always take my truck, trailer, loaded with our Ranger to check tire levels whenever I head out is my routine. The GM is a good friend of mine and I have always trusted Will's advice on all my vehicles tire wise.

That's another "advice" from a Ole' Fart...find a business that you can build relationships with and hopefully always trust they will take care of you!

As usual...detailed response but that's just me....again, I'll let you know. Kuma

Comment

Truck tires on a UTV Crew Per PM's

Yes sir I’ve already learned that one and it’s very true. No biggie on the pressure, I bet they’re airing them up close to what the tire calls for, maybe a little less due to the buggy being lighter then a small pickup. I bet with the stiffer sidewalls it don’t take as much.

Again thanks for starting this thread so we all could learn from it.

Comment

I'm all set. Got the wheels with BFGs mounted, new shocks, SuperATV forward a-arms. Just need to get it all installed. I will take pics of as is, as is with wheels tires, add shocks, add a-arms to show the progression.

Can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
              I'm all set. Got the wheels with BFGs mounted, new shocks, SuperATV forward a-arms. Just need to get it all installed. I will take pics of as is, as is with wheels tires, add shocks, add a-arms to show the progression.

Can't wait.
              Excited to see the end result....ENJOY BUDDY!!!

Comment

Here is a peek at wheels and tires.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180216_142252.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	24530709

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I need to do this on my mini truck. All I drive are the gravel roads around the leased and it is rough at speed with the ATV tires on there. This is great.

Comment

[ATTACH]897198[/ATTACH]

Man I like those!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                      Man I like those!!!!
                      Thanks! They actually turned out better than I expected they would. The guys at Discount Tire were pretty excited about how they looked as well. I need to get busy getting this mod done!!

Comment

Tagged

Comment

[ATTACH]897198[/ATTACH]

I KNEW you would like the look...now, when you finish the project you're going to LOVE the ride and performance!! There ya' go buddy....enjoy!!

Comment

Hey Casey....you get it changed out this weekend.....looking for those pic's buddy!!!

Comment

Put the tires and wheels on. They definitely rub on turns. The ride is amazing. It's like I added power steering! I love it so far.
                              Ranger front end is completely dismantled for a arm installation. I decided I better change bushings while I'm at it so I need to order those. I've assembled the new springs and shocks. The reassembly is on hold for parts.

I'm really going to enjoy this change. Wheels and tires alone lifted it 1.5".Click image for larger version

Name:	20180217_150238.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	24530846

Comment

Tag

Comment

Working...
                                X