No announcement yet.

Thoughts on age?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very tough to pass but I'm seeing 4.5 year old beast that I would've hated to pass! Being a high fence he'll come back bigger and he'll get another year of breading imo

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

That's a stud, no matter how old he is

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

I’m going with 4

Comment

I'm not the best at aging deer, and I've had a real hard time with those Hill Country deer. I guessed 3.5. Anyone want to teach me a little something here? What shows you that buck is 4.5-5.5?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thoughts on age?

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
                  I'm not the best at aging deer, and I've had a real hard time with those Hill Country deer. I guessed 3.5. Anyone want to teach me a little something here? What shows you that buck is 4.5-5.5?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Hill country doesn't mean much when talking about high fence, protein and introduced genetics. At that point they are no longer Hill country deer. That changes the game completely. I'm not saying this deer has anything going for him other than a high fence but a 4.5 year old Wisconsin buck looks a little different than a swamp rat from down the Bayou. I would say this deer is 5 or 6 but would error on the side of caution with being high fence and would pass him this year and maybe next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Black Ice; 11-29-2017, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X