Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of fuel mileage are you getting in your Eco Boost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not get a commuter car for the drive to work? That many miles will pay for itself in fuel savings alone at 30+mpg.

Comment

I've got a 2013, platinum, 3.55, Fox coilovers with reservoirs and 305/55 Nitto Trail Grapplers. Got 15 according to the computer setting the cruise at 75 to New Orleans and back. I have not corrected the speedometer for the bigger tires, so I'd assume mileage should really be a little better than what the computer says.

Before the lift and tires I got 18 on a trip to Paris with it empty, then 12.5 towing a 20' steel deck car hauler with a 4500 pound concrete burial vault from Amarillo back to Rosenberg.

Comment

PM sent! 11.8 mpg normal driving This will be the last Ford I ever buy! They have screwed me for the last 29000 miles! Lol not sure how much longer I can't take it before I trade this POS in....

Comment

BTW I will trade you for your truck!

Comment

Originally posted by Ecoboost View Post
            PM sent! 11.8 mpg normal driving This will be the last Ford I ever buy! They have screwed me for the last 29000 miles! Lol not sure how much longer I can't take it before I trade this POS in....
            How r u getting 11.8???????? Something has to be seriously wrong.

Comment

Yup the 33" x 13" on 20 x 10 wheels and a 3" lift oh and I guess it uses more gas running on 3 cylinders for some reason.... Lol

Comment

Hang on I will get u a pic of what it says right now!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357709528.864682.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	24157781Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357709544.450234.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	24157782

Sorry I was wrong 11.2 lmfao!

Comment

Originally posted by Ecoboost View Post
                    Yup the 33" x 13" on 20 x 10 wheels and a 3" lift oh and I guess it uses more gas running on 3 cylinders for some reason.... Lol
                    Burn more on 3 cylinders??? That doesnt sound right at all... im assuming that its supposed to run on 3 if your cruising or kick in to 6 if you are accelerating or towing?

Comment

Wow.... that sucks bad. Im sorry but i would not be happy at all. So the tires and rims and lift are sucking it down that bad? That aint good cause i kind of wanted to go that route myself..

Comment

No it's a POS and every time it rains it goes into a limp mode... Ford says the inter cooler is building up condensation because it is to efficient! So that covered up part of it with a piece of plastic shroud of some sort. Then the flashed the ECU so that when this stuff happens the check engine light doesn't come on anymore! Ford doesn't know how to fix this yet.... This is the worst $35000 I've ever spent! Lesson learned! Ford can stick it you know where!

Comment

I sure hate to hear that. Is this a common problem with them? Seems like at your mileage i should just get another yota. If the new tundra is like my 02 tacoma then it is a beast cause that little truck has been put through the ringer. I even forgot to change the oil once for over 20k miles!!!!!!!! Not exaggerating. Never ran hot and never gave me ant problems. Lacks some of the horse power now and doesnt get as good mileage as it once did but like i said its an 02, 250k miles, rode hard and put up wet.

Comment

Either that or a cummins diesel. I just hate how they are going to the fuel additive or what ever!!!

Comment

Yes it common. Some get lucky some dont... I like the tocos but never been a fan of the tundra. I test drove a used one that was in bad shape I guess... I guess I will go back to a GM product. I had a hummer H3 before this and never had a single problem oh and got 19 mpgs! Lol

Comment

Seems like thats with everything these days. Kind of terrible when you hope to be lucky when purchasing new!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X