• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very impressive work!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Impressive work!

Comment

Awesome work. Going to be a killer setup!

Comment

We were put on hold for a week. Have a couple of VPs come in for our quarterly meetings. My GM and our plant VP doesn't want their bosses questioning the time and money going into these things. Once they're done, they'll be on display. Had to load them on trailer temporarily to put them out of sight. We took them out in the back pasture near one of our barns. We'll be back on them beginning next week.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
            Looks dang good. You going to put an adjustable damper between the fire box and the pit?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
            I wasn't at first but decided why not since we have the materials and it's not costing me anything. We did get the plates hinged in before we got put on hold.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
              I'd like to learn how to layout that branch connection. That's an impressive fit.
              That actually took a little thinking on my side. On the first one, we cut out a flat plate the diameter of the pipe and held it above the head and transferred the diameter below. It gave us that tear drop sketch so we cut it out. There was actually very minimal grinding for the final fit. The second tank was much easier since we cut out a cardboard pattern from the first one to transfer the opening.

Comment

Nice build! Can’t wait to see the finished product

Comment

Impressive build Sir.

Comment

Originally posted by MDMEADTX View Post
                    I wasn't at first but decided why not since we have the materials and it's not costing me anything. We did get the plates hinged in before we got put on hold.
                    You will be glad you did I think. Not that a hot fire in the box will transfer as much to that big pit as the little pits im used to, but now you can fine tune it for how you like to cook. And if your fire ever does get too hot and is making the pit heat up too much you can always dampen it down. Great build thus far.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I thought you were building submarines for that little butterball kim jong in North korea...but now it's looking like a pit...good job mikey..
                      Last edited by 10132297; 04-19-2018, 05:52 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

now this is an awesome build!

Comment

Very nice work. I like the size of the firebox.

Comment

Man I wish I had the skills and know how to do something like this!

Comment

Wow! Impressed as always with guys like you.
                              Great Build.

Comment

Man, looks great. I hate building two of the same side by side. :-) Good work!

Comment

Working...
                                X