Angry Goat Outfitters - Epic Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angry Goat Outfitters - Epic Trip

I got a chance to do a little different style of hunting than I'm used to this past weekend with Angry Goat Outfitters. This isn't a sit in a stand and wait type place. We spot and stalked goats all day walking around 6.5 miles before I was able to get a shot. These aren't high fenced tame goats. These are 100% feral and boy do they act like it! I didn't realize how weary goats actually could be. All the other ones I've ever been around at other places weren't scared of humans. For those of you wanting to hunt something outside the "norm" with your bow, this is the perfect place to go do it. I can't thank our guide JD enough. Incredible hunt and I can't wait to go back.

congrats

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
      congrats
      Thank you Sir!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Nicely done!

Comment

Looks like a blast! How close were you able to stalk them? Looks like a fun longbow hunt. That goat is huge!

Comment

It looks like fun. I would like to do that hunt with my son. Were did you stay?

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Somewhere along I swear you are almost comparing it to Thompson Temples pet show place. Just the comparison seems about right.

Nice chivo and better story

Last edited by CrookedArrow; 05-04-2018, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Well done Josh!

Comment

Originally posted by Pirk View Post
                      It looks like fun. I would like to do that hunt with my son. Were did you stay?
                      We stayed at a buddies Grandmother's place in Coleman. But, there is plenty of hotels/restaurants in San Angelo. La Quinta I believe is the recommended spot from the guide. That's where I would have stayed if it weren't for the free room in Coleman.

Thanks everyone! This place is operated/guided by a TBH'er too! Didn't realize that until I got there and JD noticed my sticker on my truck.

Comment

What kind of shot distance are you looking at with a bow when you spot and stalk?

Comment

That's a good way to hunt. I'll bet it was fun.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Pirk View Post
                              What kind of shot distance are you looking at with a bow when you spot and stalk?
                              I took my shot at 42 yards. We spent about an hour one time, and they busted. Then, came back and spent about 30 mins trying to get in position on the same group before I got my shot. I did have a couple of "chip shots" at 20 yards on smaller Rams but passed. Id recommend being prepared to shoot out to about 60 yards on this hunt.

Comment

Working...
                              X