Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who all has beehives?

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

One of the swarms I picked up this weekend .
    What they looked like when I got them
    Last edited by Strummer; 04-12-2016, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Swarm I just got in a swarm trap . Set it a few weeks ago and finally had time to check it https://vimeo.com/162583190

Comment

Strummer are you putting any bait lures in there? I put a few out a couple years ago and never did catch any...

Comment

Yes I'm using swarm commander in some and lemon grass oil in the others . So far the swarm commander is working the best

Comment

Tagged to watch videos.

I'm considering doing this for Ag exemption.

"An honest government has no fear of an armed population".

Comment

Years ago I helped dad with the hives. I remember having to find and replace the queens every 3 years. NOT easy.

Comment

I've got beehives, just no bees in them yet. Had swarm in one trap overnight but they moved on. Broke down and found a place that still had some to sell awhile back, going to pick them up Sat.

Comment

You can start a new business........

Rateb Samour sees 250 patients a day whose complaints range from hair loss to cerebral palsy and cancer. But he is not a doctor and has never worked in a hospital.

Comment

I should have 4 but for various reasons I've had 3 die off so I'm down to one. I have four packages coming...we will be up to 4 honey bee hives and 3 Mason Bee hives at our property and one top bar honey bee hives at our house in the city.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                      Yes I'm using swarm commander in some and lemon grass oil in the others . So far the swarm commander is working the best

How fa from actual hives should you place the traps. I dont want to catch my own bees

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
                        How fa from actual hives should you place the traps. I dont want to catch my own bees
                        I don't think you'll get an established hive to move into your trap, but when they swarm it's a good thing to catch them and keep them on the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                          How are you using the swarm commander? Are you putting it on comb or using another method? Ive talked to a trapper that puts it on a piece of a sock and puts it in the trap.

Comment

I don't have any near my hives . I have one in the middle of town at my sister in laws house have caught 2 swarms there so far. One had my dads house one at a buddy's house and one in a oak Mott in a corn field . Closest one to my house is about 15 miles . With the swarm commander I use old pill bottles with a few holes drilled in it add a few cotton balls and spray a few sprays of the commander in it .

Comment

This thread is pretty cool. Keep these posts coming! Like seeing what others hobbies are, very interesting things.

Comment

If anyone needs queen this place has some . Got some new ones in today .

Comment

Working...
                                X