No announcement yet.

GRXH 2017, March of the Deplorables!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once again I'll be providing a first hog knife,over 100 lbs,generals make the call on weight

Comment

Hog Killer Tracker Status Board ideas needed please.

Last year I busted in on several of our hunters, then moved on to other areas but didnt know who was blocking or pushing and where.

I like to do business with AFFORDABLE SIGNS in Gtown...right next door to DOUBLE G ARCHERY...both good folk and locally owned. I was brainstorming with the ladies at Affordable Signs on how to make a sectional status board that would be easy to transport, deploy, employ, then retrograde for subsequent years. I was simply thinking of taking a big picture of Granger then having it divided and printed into 4'x2' sections then attaching/adhereing it to some decently rigid surface. I was thinking sheetmetal for magnetic properties...for attaching and moving hunter placards around...but need to find some thin skinned light weight magnetic sheet metal. Wood backer like plywood is cheap but heavy and I havent figured how to move the hunters around on it without perforation of the printed picture/poster/banner. I could simply have a banner made but how to move hunter placard and sitrep status is escaping me. Maybe dryerase markers but that could get messy and fairly open to jackassery...unless we designate a camp Scribe.

Ive no problem toting bill, constructing and transporting board/banner. Any ideas are welcome.

For realtime status update...maybe we just use twitter and follow each other for perpetual sitreps. Im not a tweeter but willing to make an account for hog meat. Im on board with Stone Cold Bobby for ten hogs...and think it doable with some mass coordination.

Ive some mass coordinated movement strategery but not willing to discuss openly here due to trolling GRXH abstaining moochers...prolly nothing Rat hasnt already done anywho.

Merry Christmas Granger Rangers.

Comment

Old 12-19-2016, 06:06 AM #94
        bho0351
        Ten Point

Hunt In: Blanco County, Granger, and wherever invited
        Duty Roster

Has Boat
        Rat +1
        Sneaky
        paintman
        bho0351 (maybe +2)
        Wildman +2
        Flex + Cajun Ginger = <3
        Stinkbelly (+1 XL Dolly)
        Sackett + Some
        Stone Cold Bobby +1
        Crod88 +1
        Stoof (+1 Maybe)
        Navy Chief

Needs Ride
        Looser McLooserface
        Lonestargent
        Hog Lick
        WTJim
        PRPechek + Dolly + 2
        Jaker_cc
        Archer23
        Birddog66
        Johnedangerous
        Gunny Ginger
        Jspradley

Hillary Lovers (if you sign up then back out)
        Pepper, unless he decides he has balls. :-D
        bho0351 is offline Report Post

Comment

Final Hog Killer Tracker Board being 4' tall and 8' wide.

Comment

Morning gents. Haven't been around lately. Since I last came to GRXH I've become a grandfather, twice!

Still too early for me to say yes, but I'm a maybe. Need to get through the new year and I'll have a better idea.
            If I do, I'll certainly tote my boat along ( one y'all haven't seen yet)
            I'm always down to bring gear ( as always).

If y'all are serious about the board, I'd suggest the picture on tin and use magnets. Easily transported, easily changed etc.

Hopefully I'll be able to make it this year. It's been a couple years and I'm due for a fix!

Yeeehawg!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
              Final Hog Killer Tracker Board being 4' tall and 8' wide.

Why not just use ViewRanger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

After looking at these threads for the past couple years, I'm going to try and make this one! I'll probably be bringing my boat. Gonna have to start practicing long distance with huntinfool lol. Need to buy mucho cheap arrows I reckon lol

Comment

So is coffee allowed? Just straight black coffee

Comment

GRXH 2017, March of the Deplorables!

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
                    So is coffee allowed? Just straight black coffee

Yes, cream and sugar should be fine too. Liquids and seasoning is allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by AdventureBoy View Post

Why are you not on the roster?

Comment

Thank goodness!

Well I won't have cream or sugar but I'll have a big thing if coffee and a percolator.

Comment

Originally posted by paintman View Post
                          Why are you not on the roster?

I'm going, just haven't reposted.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion

I'm going, just haven't reposted.

Never knew of ViewRanger. Ill fiddle with it. It only works if "most" are on board...?

Huntinfool...tin and magnets...sounds like a good idea...Ill mess around with it. Thank you!

I had an idea to have the 2x4 sections chain mailed together to where they would collapse like a board game. Circles or Squares for blockers...Arrows for pushers...the arrow pointed in the direction of the push.

Comment

Way too much thought going into the shooting at Granger Pigs. Lol. Hell, I've been proven wrong before. Hardest part will be getting everyone on board to stick with it. Personally, my opinion is, ain't no way you can outsmart those hogs, no matter the game plan or technology.

Comment

My hate for these diabolical pigs grows stronger by the day.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X