X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compared to my previous best buck
    Attached Files

Comment

The year is starting off good with a cumulative of 5+ inches of rain thus far. Its really starting to green up. Deer are browsing in the afternoons on the new growth popping up in the open fresh cut fields/strips. Cottonseed consumption is through the roof and parts of the ranch are showing heavy protein consumption. We are scheduled to plant 130 acres of warm season food plots this year. Let the rains keep coming.....

We are at the NW corner of McMullen County and SW corner of Atascosa county off HWY 97 just south of Charlotte.

Comment

South Texas Hunters 2016 Thread

We are pretty dry in Webb County. Deer are hitting the cottonseed pretty good right now. Protein consumption has been about average. Heading down to ranch today to do some javalina and predator control. The mesquites are starting to bloom. We need rain soon.

Comment

Western Duval going on my 25th year. We were fortunate to get a 1/2" of rain last week. Gave the browse a good kick start and we are seeing a lot of fresh browse. Hopefully we all get a good soaking next week. I'm hearing there is a pretty good chance. Deer are in great shape.

Comment

We're right across the highway from Big Mike and things are off to a good start.

I will say that I didn't see any of our bucks that were ran down real bad from the rut. Everybody still looked pretty healthy from what I saw which should make for a good start this year.

Comment

I should be making a trip down sometime this month. Will be moving cameras and feeders and setting up one new spot to hunt.

Comment

1.5" near Tilden last night! 2" on 2/22 and 1" on 2/23. It was getting a little dry down there but things are looking good and the mesquite should be greening up in the next 7-10 days now. Love this time of year down south.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                  1.5" near Tilden last night! 2" on 2/22 and 1" on 2/23. It was getting a little dry down there but things are looking good and the mesquite should be greening up in the next 7-10 days now. Love this time of year down south.

You're off to a great start! [emoji1360]

I haven't been so lucky. I got 1/2" last night and that has been the only measurable rain since January [emoji36]

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                    Man that's great news!!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                      This is a deer I started watching the first year I started this thread and decided to take last year.
                      I was expecting Justin bieber to be holding a deer:

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
                        First sheds hitting the ground now! [emoji41]

That's a good looking coffee mug

Comment

Between Alice and Freer , starting protien next weekend.
                          Had bucks still running does the last weekend of MLD season...no shedders at that point but I've seen deer during our drought seasons with antlers all the way to end of April.. not sure how a good wet season like we has this past year will effect when they pop them this year.

Comment

Zavala County, between Big Wells and Batesville.
                            Ranch looks good as we have been lucky enough to get some good rains that have missed others (not making fun of you Peyton). Got another good rain Tuesday night after we left the ranch. Headed back tomorrow for a weekend of hog eradication. No sheds found so far.

Comment

Got about 5" total last week in Tilden. My dad is getting quite a few large rattlesnakes this year.

Comment

In Webb and Refugio county we put out 9 tons of peas, 16 tons of Double Down, and 10 tons of cotton seed out. Now time to grow em.

Comment

Working...
                                X