Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

protein protein protein! lyssy and eckel!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to start using it too but just too far to go get living in Northeast Texas. Maybe some others could get together and do a bulk buy or something.

Comment

Is this a waste of money if the property isn't high fenced?

Comment

I do not think it is a waste. If your on a place under 1,000 acres you will be feeding some of the neighbors deer but that's not a bad thing. The only waste of money about it would be you paying for the protein and managing the deer and then your neighbor getting the benefits. We have a feeder pen for every 300 acres and it's a low fence ranch.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
          Is this a waste of money if the property isn't high fenced?
          Absolutely not.

Comment

Originally posted by Turk View Post
            FYI...they sell L & E in Cranfills Gap at Gap Ranch Supply. Super nice folks. You can't miss the store. Right off Highway 22 by the gas station.
            How much per bag?

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
              I have four protein feeders going and losing about 100# a week at each feeder. More than usual considering all the great browse and greenery our place has right now. Tells me they like it. And, I have my feeders coon proofed. So, it's mainly deer hitting them.
              Photo of coon proofing?

BP

Comment

Just me and mom paying for protein so we rotate through cottonseed, cotton seed pellets and what is the best price protein pellet at tractor supply (cattle cubes, horse pellets etc...). We feed 40 plus bags a month and they clean it up. We have out mineral blocks for trace minerals at each of the 3 protein stations. We are only about 800 acres low fenced.

Comment

Poth location has L&E 20 2X for $9.80 for 50#

Comment

Originally posted by brettgips View Post
                    Poth location has L&E 20 2X for $9.80 for 50#
                    Very good price for a top notch protein

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                      It will definitely increase their body size as well. When I first started feeding protein the heaviest buck we killed, weighed in at 162 lbs. Two years later we killed one over 200lbs. Even in some of these drought years, they are still over 190 lbs at the beginning of the season. The heaviest killed so far was a cull 6 point that went 212 lbs. I love seeing those big ole fatties strutting around at the beginning of the season.
                      Reading back through this old thread I thought I would update for that season. In 2014-15 season, we took bucks that weighed 228 and 222 lbs. One pasture that had never produced a 160"+ buck produced 3 on opening weekend of that season. Another pasture that never broke the 140" mark produced a 157" on the last day of the season. Those are heavy duty bucks especially for Refugio county. Man I wish I could have kept that program going.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                        Reading back through this old thread I thought I would update for that season. In 2014-15 season, we took bucks that weighed 228 and 222 lbs. One pasture that had never produced a 160"+ buck produced 3 on opening weekend of that season. Another pasture that never broke the 140" mark produced a 157" on the last day of the season. Those are heavy duty bucks especially for Refugio county. Man I wish I could have kept that program going.
                        Thats a huge increase!!!

Comment

Also have been using L&E for years, good product, good price. Coons don't really mess with mine much, get a picture just once in a while. I don't feed any corn near the protein, maybe that's a thing, L&E is corn based.

Comment

Working...
                          X