No announcement yet.

Hunting lease what do you pay yearly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I once paid 6500.00 for a nice lease but after family members of the owner started hunting the rut in my blinds I decided to leave, this was in 2013 today the owner has raised the price to 8500.00 its unbelievable how expensive hunting has become. I completely understand if u leasing a HF place and great deer are on the ranch I know it takes lots to money to maintain great genetics but on a low fence ranch its pricey. I found 2 LF leases this year and both were over 9000.00 a gun I was in shock lol.

A friend and I both had 5k each and right now we **** in front of the TV to watch the hunting channel

Comment

its all over the place as you can imagine. I pay 4K a year to hunt in south TX,

Comment

Originally posted by HELLRAZOR View Post
        I once paid 6500.00 for a nice lease but after family members of the owner started hunting the rut in my blinds I decided to leave, this was in 2013 today the owner has raised the price to 8500.00 its unbelievable how expensive hunting has become. I completely understand if u leasing a HF place and great deer are on the ranch I know it takes lots to money to maintain great genetics but on a low fence ranch its pricey. I found 2 LF leases this year and both were over 9000.00 a gun I was in shock lol.

A friend and I both had 5k each and right now we **** in front of the TV to watch the hunting channel
        At least you can do some hunts with the 5k this year

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
          I'll fly some place and hunt before I pay these ridiculous for profit lease prices.
          There's no such thing as a "for profit" lease property.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
            Oh....those starving ranchers gotta pay for them $70K King Ranch F250's, son!
            Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
            So why don't you buy a big ranch and let us all come and hunt for free ?

I'd like to know how owning land translates into making lots of money.

I think some people are confused. Just because someone is rich and buys land and still has money to blow on 70k trucks doesn't mean the ranch is making them all that money.

Comment

$1,500 yr

Comment

$3200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hunting lease what do you pay yearly.

Live on 50 acres, sweat equity to gain access to the neighbors 87 acres (436 acres before he sold part of it) and a handshake for 180 more acres next county over with access to their neighbors 400 acres for pigs.
                  So i pretty much pay fuel and corn and thats it. I also give some meat to the land owners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No doubt hunting and leases are super expensive. I'm embarrassed to say how much I pay, so I won't. But, leases are like trucks to me, we all keep paying the prices and it's supply and demand. If we got off our lease this year there would be a line of folks waiting with check book in hand. And as far as going on a couple hunts per year....that's great, but I want to go down several times a year to the lease. We go at least 10-12x per year. Everything is a choice, but we often say "I can't believe we are paying ***xx to hunt!"

Comment

$4.50/acre if I don’t shoot a buck
                      $9/acre if I do. Hence most of us hesitate to pull the trigger.
                      Year round dove, turkey, pigs and coyotes.

Comment

1300 for 110 acs and 750 for 4 spots.

Comment

I hesitate to post this at all....but 10k total for two different leases

The third place we hunt we own, and it costs about 40k a year.

Leasing seems cheap until you buy a place.

Comment

$6250 before any feed or anything else

Comment

$4650/person X 4 people.

Comment

What would be a fair price per acre. In south Texas , house, water, walk-in cooler not much hunting pressure?

Comment

Working...
                                X