LEO help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LEO help

Need to find out if I can hire an LEO off duty for 4hrs tomorrow. This is what is going on. I need the green screen’s help!!!

My wife’s ex has a history of threats and general harassment against her and even occasionally our daughter. He is supposed to have visitation tomorrow and is now claiming a mental instability is prohibiting him from being in a public location. He has agreed to go to one but is threatening to sue if he has a mental breakdown. He is also stating that he will be showing up at our home after despite telling him he is not welcome.

I am on call for work and am worried about my wife with his threats and mental condition. Is anyone available from 12-3 or 4 tomorrow afternoon to keep an eye on the situation to prevent it from escalating? If so, what would you charge? Visitation will be in the heights area and we live near cypress. I’m normally quite on here but I need y’alls help. Thanks all the TBH’S

Ttt

Comment

Prayers up for your situation. No help here but make sure your wife is armed...

Comment

Have you checked the local PD/SO? I know at the PD I worked at, there was an off-duty coordinator, and all jobs had to go through him for off-duty work.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
          Have you checked the local PD/SO? I know at the PD I worked at, there was an off-duty coordinator, and all jobs had to go through him for off-duty work.

This is correct. My department also requires all off-duty jobs to go through a certain person. Failure to follow this can result in disciplinary action.

Comment

No sir I have not. Didn’t know you could do that. Thanks will look into that.

Comment

Called my local S/O. No help was told to go online and look for security. Anyone know how to get a off duty LEO for a few hours. I just want someone that knows the laws.

Comment

What do the court docs say? Public place? Private home?

If the docs say public place then that is what I would do. The dude's just being a ****** and is trying to control the situation though fear of civil litigation.

Comment

Just says Saturday, Sunday from the hours of 1200-1500. Once a month. Nothing in the papers says where.

Comment

It's civil not criminal.

Comment

I'd document everything. No way I'd handover a child to a crazy ****.

Comment

Maybe contact your constable. They are voted in and don’t usually like telling voters no plus they handle civil issues. If you live in town contact your PD instead of Sheriffs Office. Probably going to be hard on such short notice. Hourly rate for us is usually a little more than city overtime rate. Good luck.

Comment

Our officers would jump on that. Too bad you are 2 hours to the west. I find it hard to believe the sheriff department doesn’t do off duty security like that. We might not charge as much as that area. Short notice (less than 48 hours) off duty rate is $50 per hour.

Comment

Try calling some of the PD's outside of town. I'm sure someone will be more than happy to help

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Have a TBH coffee hour in your driveway.

Comment

Working...
                              X