Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
    Oilfield hands need to realize they're just construction workers. Everyone has always know construction workers go bouts of unemployment. The money they made that could of easily saved. You don't need a 70k dually diesel to drive to your rig site to sit or a 40k+ 5th wheel to live in.
    When people use generalizations it usually indicates their lack of knowledge on the subject. There's many oilfield hands out there that are responsible for getting tens of thousands of dollars worth of product out of the ground, into the initial processing system then on to a sales point with millions of dollars of equipment on a daily basis. Plus they have to do all this within a limited time frame, in a environmentally responsible manner, and while following a metric s#\++0n government regulations.

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
      When people use generalizations it usually indicates their lack of knowledge on the subject. There's many oilfield hands out there that are responsible for getting tens of thousands of dollars worth of product out of the ground, into the initial processing system then on to a sales point with millions of dollars of equipment on a daily basis. Plus they have to do all this within a limited time frame, in a environmentally responsible manner, and while following a metric s#\++0n government regulations.

Amen

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
        I was told the day I started in the oilfield that it doesn't last forever. It's a volatile business and you've got to be smart with your money. I saw a lot of people that weren't smart with their money and lost a lot when the down turn came around. I enjoyed it for several years, but I'll never go back. I prefer slow and steady over fast and furious and then the bottom dropping out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quitter...

Comment

Originally posted by AddisonOil View Post
          Quitter...
          Addison what do you all do on the frac. I own 4 pump down pumps

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
            I knew that was right and agreed.

The whole reason this thread was started was hoping guys would be better with their oil money. If they lost it all they weren't very good with it and it's nobody else's fault but their own
            I remember and you were right for trying. It's just hard for people to see most of the time especially when they are standing inside. Reality is not always easy to realize.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
              Not a chance

I guy I know in the field that has been laid off almost 3 years and been struggling just went back to work. He has been making money about a month now and offered me more than I have in it. Couldn't believe he wasn't worried about saving yet. I should sell to him just to buy back cheaper next time haha

I took a job with a set schedule and won't go back. Missed too much doing directional. Big pay cut but love being home
              I didn't figure so. And yep, I'm fixin to jump off this train too. Ready to be home myself. Kids aren't getting any younger.
              Last edited by BowOnly81; 08-23-2017, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AddisonOil View Post
                I just picked up 12 months of back to back Frac work in Big Spring! Let's party!
                Good luck. I know you know this but those frac schedules aint worth the paper their written on.

Comment

CDL Crude Haulers needed Pecos, Big Spring,

Diesel mechanic in Midland.

Enlink.com and go to careers page to apply.

Comment

If anyone is looking for work close to College Station we have been hiring like crazy at NOV Rolligon. The shop guys have been working 6:00am to 5:30pm Monday thru Friday

Comment

Originally posted by Smithwr View Post
                      Good luck. I know you know this but those frac schedules aint worth the paper their written on.

The current O&G company I'm with right now hasn't been off schedule more than a couple days. No bobbles since March.

This new company I acquired has a dedicated Frac fleet, so I doubt they'll deviate also...

Comment

Originally posted by coon007 View Post
                        Addison what do you all do on the frac. I own 4 pump down pumps

Water analysis throughout Frac to police the Frac/chemical company. We have found and saved O&G company tens of thousands of dollars were Frac/ Chem companies over pumping chemicals just to charge more.

Sometimes they under pump curtain chemicals, which can hurt FR and Gel tolerances.

After the Frac, we monitor drillout and formation fluids throughout each stage.

Every O&G company we're working for has loved our data. They can correlate our stage to stage data to the Frac companies data and see exactly how each chemical is working.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryP_1989 View Post
                          If anyone is looking for work close to College Station we have been hiring like crazy at NOV Rolligon. The shop guys have been working 6:00am to 5:30pm Monday thru Friday

I tried sending you a PM but it didn't let me for some odd reason.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
                            I tried sending you a PM but it didn't let me for some odd reason.
                            I got it. Sent one back

Comment

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
                              Oilfield hands need to realize they're just construction workers. Everyone has always know construction workers go bouts of unemployment. The money they made that could of easily saved. You don't need a 70k dually diesel to drive to your rig site to sit or a 40k+ 5th wheel to live in.
                              Really? How many guys do you know than can commission new gathering systems. From the wellhead to residue sales points. Trouble shoot processing plants and skids. FIX them. Trouble shoot electrical and instrumentation. Monitor and report title V requirements. AMS reporting. Go through build outs and redline P&IDs. Write up ops procedures and PSSRs. And keep a several hundred million dollar facility on its feet and profitable safely and reliably in any weather? Everyone is disposable to a point. Some of us bring a lot to certain tables and know a fair bit in many areas of our industry. I can do field AND plant operations. Start ups. Commissioning and everything in between. Not to dang many construction workers can do that. Takes a lot of sacrifices and being away from my wife a daughter. But my little girl gets to live a better life than I did and me and the wife get to enjoy ourselves. Please know what you're talking about before giving advice lol. Hammer down fellas!! Keep em turning to the right and I'll make it worth money in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                                Really? How many guys do you know than can commission new gathering systems. From the wellhead to residue sales points. Trouble shoot processing plants and skids. FIX them. Trouble shoot electrical and instrumentation. Monitor and report title V requirements. AMS reporting. Go through build outs and redline P&IDs. Write up ops procedures and PSSRs. And keep a several hundred million dollar facility on its feet and profitable safely and reliably in any weather? Everyone is disposable to a point. Some of us bring a lot to certain tables and know a fair bit in many areas of our industry. I can do field AND plant operations. Start ups. Commissioning and everything in between. Not to dang many construction workers can do that. Takes a lot of sacrifices and being away from my wife a daughter. But my little girl gets to live a better life than I did and me and the wife get to enjoy ourselves. Please know what you're talking about before giving advice lol. Hammer down fellas!! Keep em turning to the right and I'll make it worth money in the middle.

Lots of contractors do what you just described. How do you think plants get built and commissioned/started up? Just because you may not have seen it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I'm not in ops(don't like night shift) but I've spent my entire career in plants both as a contractor and in-house, which is where I'm at now. We rely on contractors to do the jobs we don't want to do and when we need help in he plant. And just because you've spent a few years in a little plant out in west Texas doesn't mean you know it all. It's a big world out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X