No announcement yet.

2017 San Angelo area season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great looking buck Smart. Looks like some good mass with the trash.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
      Brush work is coming along. Have the machine a couple more days this weekend so more cedar will go down. Gonna be some nice new areas for rattling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I make sure mine are fat and happy!

I'm fat and happy when we make sure ours are dead[emoji13][emoji23]

107 for the year
        199 since 5/15

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
        That camp grill looks legit Kudos on a long work weekend!!

Shes still kicking! Need to repair a few things on her but for the most part she still strong..

Great looking buck Smart. Looks like some good mass with the trash.

Thanks.... hoping for some good things outta him.

Comment

Brush work is coming along. Have the machine a couple more days this weekend so more cedar will go down. Gonna be some nice new areas for rattling.

You do good work[emoji41]

Comment

I've got a very small I mean large list at my lease you can tackle next if you get bored.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
              I've got a very small I mean large list at my lease you can tackle next if you get bored.

I'm building a new shower as we speak. You are gonna have to carry that loading the north side [emoji41][emoji13][emoji23]

Comment

Got my new trailer set up at the ranch.

Killed a couple rattlesnakes.

This buck we had on the no shoot list last year. He ended up throwing 12 on the rail again. We will see how he finishes.

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post

This buck we had on the no shoot list last year. He ended up throwing 12 on the rail again. We will see how he finishes.

Very nice. 12 pts are pretty dang cool....He's going to have some good g5's on him.

Comment

Looking good ,Jason.
                    Productive weekend and nice buck on camera too!

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post

That buck is gonna be nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Spent 3.5 days getting my huge todo list checked off without having to bother anybody else or vice versa[emoji51].

Trimmed my best pen. Had grass thigh high in some places. Blind is inside pen so I like my walk-in grass to be short for scent purposes. Also trimmed around TC camera.

Before

After

Drained 350 lb of weevil infested corn from my buddy's feeder after a wellness check[emoji35]. Cows smashed varmint guard and forced plate against funnel. Hasn't fed since early May I bet. Corn was nasty.

Repaired his camera solar panel something ripped out of his box[emoji35]

Installed a 12 volt booster in my favorite blind that has no service. Same blind I had to run a couple hundred yards uphill from last year when I shot Woodford to let lease members know I shot him. Works like a champ from nada to 2 bars of LTE constant.

Filled water, corn, scrubbed water troughs, repair my own TC solar at my other blind, in stalled some guest shelves fir folks that sit in the blind for me, did some cabin shelving upgrades too. Was a long productive 3.5 days!

Also Humper got a pic of Splitter. We're behind all y'all as usual but he's off to a good start. Hopefully the rest of our mature deer start showing up. Although if Mother Nature wants to keep feeding them until October, that's fine with me too..[emoji41]

Last year

This year

Also killed some of Jrs BFFs[emoji23][emoji23]..... 7 total

And sat by a small Sat night mesquite fire with a vodka cocktail and relaxing after a successful list catch-up trip..

Looks like a heck of a weekend! Good looking buck

Comment

Anyone know the size of the Wing Nut for the West TX feeder supply control unit? Steroid coons got to it and tore it all up.

Comment

Originally posted by Holdeez0615 View Post
                            Anyone know the size of the Wing Nut for the West TX feeder supply control unit? Steroid coons got to it and tore it all up.
                            No. The last time I had that happen I bought the assortment in the little plastic box at harbor freight to make sure I got the right one lol.

Just left it at the lease in case we need another sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by Holdeez0615 View Post

1/4"

Comment

Appreciate the help guys. The war on the coons has started. Starting a militia lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X