Can you camp on San luis pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you camp on San luis pass

We are trying to do a quick fishing trip and thinking about pitching a tent.

Bring some off! I'm not 100% but don't see why it would be a problem.

Comment

There used to be a campground and marina there but I think it got wiped out during Ike. You may still be able to camp there.

Comment

The mosquitoes are horrible. Good luck.................

Comment

I see people camping all the time. Be careful with the currents if you wade out into the cut.

Comment

I know you can on the beach. I see people all the time in tents and some bring their travel trailers

Comment

Which side of the pass? Each side is a different county. On the Galveston side camping is not technically allowed but it is not enforced. I see people camping on the beach at the pass with travel trailers for a week at a time.

Comment

Do NOT Wade.

Comment

Thanks for all the help I'm hoping to hit the road next Thursday

Comment

Hey man. It's none of my business, but if I were you I would camp some place else. I believe there is an actual camp ground on the beach side if you are coming from Galveston headed to Jamaica Beach. San Luis Pass is way to dangerous. Especially if you have kids. Just my .02. Have fun and be careful whatever you decide!!!!

Comment

We always fish the pass but I stay at the rv park. I would rather just stay on the beach and leave the stingrays and all out over night. It will be exciting to get woke up to a screaming run. I wear my pfd when I kayak and I don't wade any deeper than my knees.

Comment

Last time I pitched a tent at the beach I was asked to leave by the life guard staff and local pd. [emoji50]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just curious, is it very dangerous out there? Several
                          Have said not to wade or not go past your knees? Is it because of bad currents?

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                            Just curious, is it very dangerous out there? Several
                            Have said not to wade or not go past your knees? Is it because of bad currents?
                            Yes several people have died there in the past few weeks

Comment

you can tent camp on the Brazoria county side on the beach. The rv park is still there, but they require an RV. Don't wade without a PFD. Two people have died out there this summer.

Comment

Working...
                              X