Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you (non-LEOs) have dashcams in your vehicle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to drive with one all the time. It was a company owned truck so I bought it invade anything ever happened I need to put it back in the new car
    Last edited by hooligan; 07-15-2017, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
      You can see it is a split screen video. If you are being a jerk it will catch you.
      The bracket is not great with Texas heat and 2 rubber bands fix the problem.
      I'm wondering if more people had these and caught themselves on video road raging or being a horse's backside if they would adjust their attitude.

Comment

Go Here: http://www.techmoan.com/what-is-the-best-dashcam/

I use the Transcend 220, great camera, I am looking at the new Asus as well, I really like that one.

Comment

I have a go pro

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
            I've thought about it only because I do a lot of traveling and see some funny stuff on the road
            Same here. I drive about 40k miles/year and I've seen some horrifying and hilarious things. Each time one of those events happens I swear to myself that I'm going to buy a dashcam. Still haven't pulled the trigger..

Most recent event was passing a guy on a winding East Texas road as he was riding a unicycle while wearing overalls.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
              Same here. I drive about 40k miles/year and I've seen some horrifying and hilarious things. Each time one of those events happens I swear to myself that I'm going to buy a dashcam. Still haven't pulled the trigger..

Most recent event was passing a guy on a winding East Texas road as he was riding a unicycle while wearing overalls.
              Of course it was east Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                Was it a black panther? Go ahead and say it. Nobody is going to question it.
                Wasn't any of the usual things discussed on here. Strange objects in the sky. Not UFO's. Other people saw them as well. Never heard if anyone captured them on video. I couldn't figure out what they were nor an explanation. Bright, sunny day.

Comment

Originally posted by helibow View Post
                  I bought a new Toyota Tacoma and the factory windshield comes standard with a forward facing GoPro mount. Have thought about putting mine up when driving through the mountains... you know.. in case I see a black panther cross the road, I can post the story/vid on here have have folks nay-say it
                  man you know there ain't no black panthers in the mountains,, they have a limited range in east Texas and never leave it!

Comment

I use an app on my iphone.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                      I use an app on my iphone.
                      Which app?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                        Which app?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                        I use camonroad. Not sure about now but when I loaded the app it was free. Probably still is free. You can put it in the cloud to the web and view it on another device like a home computer. It also stores locally on the app.

I think they make their money in selling you space. You get 2 gigs free on the cloud but I just re-record over my old videos. It has various settings such as a 2 minute recording or a 5 minute recording and at what resolution.

Comment

Also, they changed servers is a couple of months back. It was a fairly high rated app but when they change servers they updated to the new version and I don’t think it has any rating yet. If you are going to try it, make sure you download the new version. I just checked and it is still free.

Comment

I bought one off Amazon. DBPower is the brand, under $45. Works great! I have it set to power up when the car starts it writes a file every 5 minutes and overwrites the oldest. I've caught some pretty good stuff but on the camera it doesn't look as dramatic as in the windshield. I bought it to have a visual record in case of accident. This one is my third one. I hardly ever view the files, but it's there if I need it.

Comment

In case of accidents, front forward only.

I have this one.

Comment

Wish I had one, Saturday afternoon headed home from the Sam Rayburn I T-boned a woman that turned right in front of me. Would have been good to have on video.

Comment

Working...
                                X