Headed to Grand Canyon. Need lens recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headed to Grand Canyon. Need lens recommendations

My wife and I were blessed with an opportunity to spend a week in Vegas next week.

We plan to see a few things including the Hoover dam and are planning to take a helicopter tour of part of the Grand Canyon.

I plan to rent a couple of lenses and was thinking of a 70-200 f2.8 and a wide angle lens of some sort. I have an 18-200 f3.5-5.6 but not sure if that would suffice for wider shots or if I should go with something like a 14-24 f2.8.

What do you say?

Also should I consider any filters such as polarizer or neutral density?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Me and the wife did the helicopter ride it is awesome. I'm not a camera guy so no help there but My wife demanded us get front seats in the helicopter when she booked the trip best thing she ever did. Way better view.

Comment

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post
      Me and the wife did the helicopter ride it is awesome. I'm not a camera guy so no help there but My wife demanded us get front seats in the helicopter when she booked the trip best thing she ever did. Way better view.

How did she demand front seat position? Was there a premium that could be paid to get better position?

Did y’all do the one that goes down in the Canyon? Do you remember which outfit you went with?

Comment

Where are all the photo gurus?

Comment

Let me ask when she gets home later. Yes we landed in the bottom and had lunch.

As far as the front she told them she get car sick if she’s not up front. I believe

Comment

The 70-200 f2.8 would be an awesome lens for you. For the wide angle stuff I would for sure go with something along the lines of 14-24 f2.8 for the awesome landscape shots.

I am far from a guru but have jumped pretty heavily into pic taking recently and those would be the two lens I took thats for sure.

Comment

Working...
            X