No announcement yet.

Fess up, we all know you have done something Stupid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got pulled behind a Oldsmobile 442 via a long rope tied to a hole drilled in a big *** cutting disc.......... down a gravel road....with turns and steel culverts in the ditches....@30+mph

An ambulance , bones, cuts, and burns were involved.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      On the way down I remember thinking....your and idiot
      Sadly,I've had this happen a couple times...................or Man this is gonna hurt.

DJ

Comment

My fingers would get sore trying to list mine.......

Comment

I would but I don't wanna walk you through 28 years of life. That'd probably crash this website.

Comment

When I was younger and just bought by first house...I had a barbecue....that night I threw the "ashes" over my wooden fence in the backyard (pipeline easement).

The next morning I woke up and looked outside and half my fence had burned down and was smoldering. Luckily it was foggy and wet that night or it might have been catastrophic.

Comment

Well put some more wood on the fire and drag up a chair. Once upon a time....

Comment

one that sticks out is trying to shoot the mud out of the end of the barrel of $69 New England Arms 410 when I was about 14. lucky for me it was a cheap gun the barrel mushroomed and split instead of blowing out towards my face.

there are many, many more.

Comment

It is wise not to try and "Modify" Fireworks. Many fire fighters and acres of brush taught me that lesson.

Comment

This would go in the I have done some stupid stuff in my life but nothing lately so I was overdue category.....About 2 weeks ago I was at the lease in Harper. It was Sunday afternoon and everyone else had already left. I had hunted my back stand the evening before and realized that I should have really trimmed some of the trees. IN one of my stands I could hear deer eating corn but could not even get a glimpse of them until it was too late to get a shot. Anyway I went out an hour or so early. I did not have a saw but figured that I could break enough limbs out of the way to improve my view. This is the hill country so the trees were live oaks. I climbed into the first tree aqnd managed to get the limbs pulled off the tree. At the next tree I had a problem. About 12 feet up was a limb I needed gone but it was way to large for me to break off the tree. I decided I could get on the limb and at least break the branches off of it. There was a small scrub oak type of a tree under it.that kind of grew horizontal before doubling back. I easily climbed into it and made the leap to the limb 12 foot off of the ground. Now at 52 years of age I don't jump quite like I use too but I made the leap without issues other than the limb I jumped too must have had a weak spot. It snapped off even with the trunk of the tree. I landed on the horizontal part of the scrub oak about a foot off the ground. Hit me right across the lower back. My first thought was to see if my legs worked...they did. Back is still a little on the sore side today. Good news is I can now see the feeder fine.....

-john

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      Towed a boat down the road one night. Without a trailer. Tried like heck to get a buddy to ride in it. He refused
                      Tried that one night in Planterville about 10 yrs ago with a aluminum boat behind a truck.. The cops weren't to happy when they showed up. The neighbors called and said sounds like the train de-railed and came off the tracks

Comment

Originally posted by SaltyMutt View Post
                        It is wise not to try and "Modify" Fireworks. Many fire fighters and acres of brush taught me that lesson.
                        I have a minor bottle rocket and field on fire story, but they were stock bottle rockets.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                          This would go in the I have done some stupid stuff in my life but nothing lately so I was overdue category.....About 2 weeks ago I was at the lease in Harper. It was Sunday afternoon and everyone else had already left. I had hunted my back stand the evening before and realized that I should have really trimmed some of the trees. IN one of my stands I could hear deer eating corn but could not even get a glimpse of them until it was too late to get a shot. Anyway I went out an hour or so early. I did not have a saw but figured that I could break enough limbs out of the way to improve my view. This is the hill country so the trees were live oaks. I climbed into the first tree aqnd managed to get the limbs pulled off the tree. At the next tree I had a problem. About 12 feet up was a limb I needed gone but it was way to large for me to break off the tree. I decided I could get on the limb and at least break the branches off of it. There was a small scrub oak type of a tree under it.that kind of grew horizontal before doubling back. I easily climbed into it and made the leap to the limb 12 foot off of the ground. Now at 52 years of age I don't jump quite like I use too but I made the leap without issues other than the limb I jumped too must have had a weak spot. It snapped off even with the trunk of the tree. I landed on the horizontal part of the scrub oak about a foot off the ground. Hit me right across the lower back. My first thought was to see if my legs worked...they did. Back is still a little on the sore side today. Good news is I can now see the feeder fine.....

-john
                          This is ironic considering the other thread

Comment

Gas on a fire. Almost died.

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post

I recently accidentally took a swig of my own pee. The other day I peed in a lemon lime Gatorade bottle and forgot that I did that. Well the next day I took a swig of it and immediately knew the horrific think I’ve done. Instant shame.

HOLY SMOKE!!

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                                Not until after I retire.....
                                Dam that statute of limitations!!! LOL I reckon I can't laugh too loud.

Comment

Working...
                                X