Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDP time baby!!!

Comment

the anticipation of seeing this wide 8 is killing me!

Comment

Sweet! Waiting for pictures.

Comment

Awesome news!
          Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Awesome can't wait to see pics!!!

Comment

Congrats on sticking that wide 8

Comment

lets see some pics congrats

Comment

Hope a recovery was made.

Comment

Oh heck yea ! Can't wait to see the ldp's.

Comment

Nice work, let's see the ldp's

Comment

Way to go Quincy! Track him down and bring on the pics! Now it's Rodney's turn!

Comment

Awesome...

Comment

Update 9:51 Here:

Well i have good news and bad news.

We will start with the bad news. After picking my dad up at his stand 1.5 hours after I had shot the wide 8 we headed back over to get on the trail. We started at the scene of crime, lots of blood mixed with gut matter, not good news. The rage 2 blade i was shooting must of made a very large hole because about 6" of the intestine was laying on a sorghum stalk. I shot him on the edge of the sorghum field (sorghum looks like corn, tall stalk broad leaf) and that is way he ran, back into the tall stalks. We followed the blood trail for another 30 yds and then decided to back out till morning. Better safe then sorry. I am confident we will find most likely still in the sorghum field. I never saw him leave and i imagine he is bedded down in it now as I type this dying. I absolutely hate leaving deer overnight but we have no choice in this case. This is going to be a long night of sleep for me.

Now on to the good news. After I shot my deer at 7:00 Miles picked me back up and we drove across the property to watch another alfalfa field at dark to see what might come out. To our pleasant surprise, right at dark the big ten and the Palmated 8 the landowner had been telling us about both made an appearance. The palm-8 is an absolute Montana monster. He is gonna knock on the door of 160. It was great to lay our own eyes on this deer for the first time and we were also able to pattern his movement into and off the field. We should be able to get my dad on either one of these deer for the rest of the week. They r walking by one certain huge Y cotton wood that we will hang a stand in in the morning. As far as his hunt went tonight he saw 2 bucks, both 110-115 young deer. If it wasn't for me shooting my buck we would have never even checked this field. My dad is pumped to say the least!

Well its about time to get into bed and try to get some sleep, I know that all i will end up doing is replaying my shot over and over again in my head. Prayers would be appreciated for a speedy recovery of my deer in the am. We r leaving here at 8 to go start looking. I will update as soon as we recover.

Sorry for the lack of pics tonight. Will try to post some more up tomm.

Once again thanks to all who are following, that's what makes it fun is being able to share this experience with everyone back home.

Comment

Originally posted by q-all View Post
                              Update 9:51 Here:

Well i have good news and bad news.

We will start with the bad news. After picking my dad up at his stand 1.5 hours after I had shot the wide 8 we headed back over to get on the trail. We started at the scene of crime, lots of blood mixed with gut matter, not good news. The rage 2 blade i was shooting must of made a very large hole because about 6" of the intestine was laying on a sorghum stalk. I shot him on the edge of the sorghum field (sorghum looks like corn, tall stalk broad leaf) and that is way he ran, back into the tall stalks. We followed the blood trail for another 30 yds and then decided to back out till morning. Better safe then sorry. I am confident we will find most likely still in the sorghum field. I never saw him leave and i imagine he is bedded down in it now as I type this dying. I absolutely hate leaving deer overnight but we have no choice in this case. This is going to be a long night of sleep for me.

Now on to the good news. After I shot my deer at 7:00 Miles picked me back up and we drove across the property to watch another alfalfa field at dark to see what might come out. To our pleasant surprise, right at dark the big ten and the Palmated 8 the landowner had been telling us about both made an appearance. The palm-8 is an absolute Montana monster. He is gonna knock on the door of 160. It was great to lay our own eyes on this deer for the first time and we were also able to pattern his movement into and off the field. We should be able to get my dad on either one of these deer for the rest of the week. They r walking by one certain huge Y cotton wood that we will hang a stand in in the morning. As far as his hunt went tonight he saw 2 bucks, both 110-115 young deer. If it wasn't for me shooting my buck we would have never even checked this field. My dad is pumped to say the least!

Well its about time to get into bed and try to get some sleep, I know that all i will end up doing is replaying my shot over and over again in my head. Prayers would be appreciated for a speedy recovery of my deer in the am. We r leaving here at 8 to go start looking. I will update as soon as we recover.

Sorry for the lack of pics tonight. Will try to post some more up tomm.

Once again thanks to all who are following, that's what makes it fun is being able to share this experience with everyone back home.
                              Good luck tomorrow. It sounds like you'll find him to me.

Comment

Good luck in the am. I bet he is not far from where you stopped tracking. Looking forward to ldps in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X