Moving to Houston area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
    Just out of curiosity, if your territory is all of Texas and you can live anywhere, why would you choose the Houston area? Just curious not saying there aren’t some really nice areas around Houston just wouldn’t be my personal first choice if I could live anywhere else in this great state.
    I live in the Houston area and if I had my choice it wouldn't be here. I would either live around Kerrville, but most likely it would be the Rockport, Port A area.

Comment

I dont have a choice of all Texas. I have to be in a central hub location. San Antonio and Houston are the two main hubs and of course surrounding but the concentration of business as with most business is Houston area so that makes a lot more sense in order to get the most out of it. I will be handling STX ... south of i10 basically.

Comment

BTW I appreciate all of the help. It's going to be very helpful.

Comment

Budget for home?
          I would go for a gated area somewhere close to 99
          Cypress has good schools and 290 construction will be finished someday .
          BP

Comment

I've been in tomball or magnolia (the real magnolia not Woodlands lite 2978 area) since 1988. Office downtown and work from one end of harris county to the other almost daily.

If I could move it would be Grimes or Walker county. Huntsville, navasota even toward Brenham.

Tomball magnolia area ain't what it used to be.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

If you are a city person the Woodlands area ( and the areas around there the above guys recommended ) would be a good place to check out. Otherwise I would look farther North up to Walker County.

I would stay as far away from the actual city of Houston as possible but wont expound to minimize the risk of hurting someones feelings.

Congrats on the job!

Comment

Moved from San Antonio to Houston a year ago and if you have the option to live in SA I’d take that in a heart beat!

We moved to just outside the inner loop last year and it was meh. Just moved east of 45 up here in the woodlands and enjoy it 10x’s more. Im still very new but I’d look at The Woodlands/Conroe area, Katy, or even Pearland.
                3 different sides of town but all bueno and put you where you need to be but once again if you can do SA in the Boerne or New Braunfels areas it wouldn’t even be close in my books.

Good luck and congrats on the new gig!

Comment

If you're main hobby is hunting and depending on where you want to hunt, I would recommend north side of town. I mainly hunt up in East North East and use to live in the Clear Lake League City area and it was a minimum 2 hour drive just to get to the South side of Sam Houston. We just moved up to Tomball and now Sam Houston is 45 minutes and it cut an hour and a half off of my drive to all of the woods I hunt. Clear Lake/League City area is nice just pricey and far from where I spend my weekends.

Comment

As mentioned before I would look at two locations, Old Montgomery County as mentioned before. Or the other direction in Needville. Needville is a growing community with great schools. Kids still have to tuck in shirts, groom and say yes mam, no mam, and they still give pops in school.

Comment

We had the option to move anywhere around Houston and decided on Kingwood. 59 and Grand Parkway are the lesser of evils on commutes, good schools for the kiddos and really don’t have to leave the bubble for much.

Comment

Yeah any where off 45, 249 is great I wouldn't slum around 59 east Montgomery to much meth

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                          Yeah any where off 45, 249 is great I wouldn't slum around 59 east Montgomery to much meth

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                          Hey now.

Comment

Stay out of Harris county. We live in Waller county. You will appreciate the difference in taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                              Hey now.
                              Speaking of one of the meth heads.....

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                                Speaking of one of the meth heads.....

The irony of this is, the guy that posted talking crap about EMC, lives in Shepherd.

Comment

Working...
                                X