Lets see your duck boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
    Man I really like the look and layout of this thing!! How much was yours when you got it? Thinking of one of these for the future!!
    I bought it used, they are not inexpensive boats. If you do get one go big right up front. The good thing is it's a lifetime boat, just slap engines on them every 10 years or so. In two years I'm going to start looking for a larger version of the same rig. I'm 98% on that and 2% on a Shoalwater 23 Cat.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
      I bought it used, they are not inexpensive boats. If you do get one go big right up front. The good thing is it's a lifetime boat, just slap engines on them every 10 years or so. In two years I'm going to start looking for a larger version of the same rig. I'm 98% on that and 2% on a Shoalwater 23 Cat.

My dads got a 2206 majek m2 with a 200 evinrude g2, I’m looking for a smaller size boat for 1-2 people that easy to tow with a Jeep. Something that can get skinny after reds and put me on ducks as well. I’ve been looking at prodigy boats and then I saw this and now I’m tryna see what would be better. How does your boat ride in a small to medium chop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh yeah, 1-4 people this size is great. My problem is I always have 4-5 people and LOTS of camping gear, 120 lbs of ice, random supplies for fish camp, etc. Boat is a great ride even in huge chop, as long as you have power and know how to run it. I got rid of the Suzuki because it had a computer issue that decided to limit my RPM crossing the bay in a big storm, legit 3-4 footers quartering from the rear and rain at about 1am. Took 3 to 4 large waves over the back before I found a groove riding the waves at barely more than idle speed, thought for sure I was going down. With power and a little boat knowledge there's almost nothing I won't go out in if I really want to. As for the small to medium chop it rides really well due to the extra weight of the deck and safefloor, rather than pound on top of the waves it pushes a lot of water out of the way and plows through enough to smooth it out. If you're ever out in the POC area let me know and we'll go for a ride. They're made in Friendswood: http://boatrightmarine.com/

Comment

River cruising and hunting mode
          Attached Files

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Since this thread got bumped I figured I'd mention the time is up and that boat is in my driveway getting cleaned up for sale soon.

Comment

Since this thread got bumped I figured I'd mention the time is up and that boat is in my driveway getting cleaned up for sale soon.
                Picked up my 21 footer last month.. made a mistake selling the last one and it wont happen again..

Comment

Boatright, 1966 size.
                  Lemme see if I got more pics if so I'll post them.

If you ever do, do yourself a favor and hang an ETec on it. OMG the difference...
                  How did you like the Suzuki 140? Thinking about re powering and that's an option.

Comment

Originally posted by Statton48 View Post

Winning the thread so far Timbercreek makes a dang fine boat

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                      Picked up my 21 footer last month.. made a mistake selling the last one and it wont happen again..
                      Are you trying to drop me a hint?

Originally posted by IvoryRoot View Post
                      How did you like the Suzuki 140? Thinking about re powering and that's an option.
                      Zero chance I'll ever own another one in my lifetime. It cost me a lot of extra money to rip that Suzuki off and put the Etec on and I don't regret it for a second. Zuke ran fine until it almost drown me crossing a rough bay in the middle of the night when the computer went out. Handling West Matagorda Bay swells coming over the back and sides of the boat with barely more than idle power was some serious pucker factor, but getting screwed out of my warranty claim is what turned me off. I had 3 years of extended warranty left and ended up paying $2k out of pocket after they told me to eff off. If anybody wants more details PM me, don't wanna hijack the duck boat thread.
                      Last edited by justletmein; 02-11-2019, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Zero chance I'll ever own another one in my lifetime. It cost me a lot of extra money to rip that Suzuki off and put the Etec on and I don't regret it for a second. Zuke ran fine until it almost drown me crossing a rough bay in the middle of the night when the computer went out. Handling West Matagorda Bay swells coming over the back and sides of the boat with barely more than idle power was some serious pucker factor, but getting screwed out of my warranty claim is what turned me off. I had 3 years of extended warranty left and ended up paying $2k out of pocket after they told me to eff off. If anybody wants more details PM me, don't wanna hijack the duck boat thread.
                        Man that sucks. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Might as well get on the list now . It took 4 months to build mine...

Comment

Duck Boat

18x48 Brother Breaux pushed by at 37 GTR EFI.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here’s my little gem 548 war eagle I bought off a tbh’er
                              Attached Files

Comment

This is going to be my fishing and duck hunting boat. 2072 tunnel hull, Hydraulic Jack Plate. Power Pole
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X