No announcement yet.

Remington Bankrupt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a few 870s and an early model 700 BDL that I wouldn’t part with. Outside of that...I’m not interested in any other firearm Remmy manufactures.

I never thought that would ever be the case. And......therein lies the problem folks!

That being said, I hate to see this happen and them in trouble. Sad deal all the way around.

Comment

Sad to see this but when I look in the safe I see more Remingtons than any other brand so I did my part.

Comment

Guess I better hang on to my old 870 12g shotgun and 270 rifle. Good gun. Have not purchased or even looked at a Remington in 20 years.

Comment

Sad Day indeed but no different than Winchester quite a few years back ... Sold all operations..

Remington has been a stable for years but like everything that isn't taken care of with Good Quality.. Falls by the waste - side ..

Comment

Originally posted by elkaholic9292 View Post
            This is a pretty gun, but appears to be a total knock off of the Browning Hi-Power and a good example of the unoriginal ideas mentioned in the thread so far. Big green has had more R&D dollars than anyone. Instead of knocking off 100 year old designs, they could have been inventing striker fired pistols, or inertia shotguns and they’d still be on top.
            That's a 1911. Everyone and their dog makes them now because there is a demand. Most companies offering inexpensive to mid range 1911's have them manufactured in a few plants oversees well known for producing a quality product, then just stamp their brand on them. Some just outsource the frame and slide then finish them in their own facility. I don't believe Remington has ever answered where there's were made or where they sourced parts from.

The 1911's are probably the best idea Remington has had in years.
            Their original, in house designed handguns have been nothing short of a disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
              “Feinberg’s firm, Cerberus Capital Management, acquired Remington in 2007 and subsequently saddled it with almost $1 billion in debt.”

Ouch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Yeah, that's what I was referring to in my previous post. There is a lot more going on than poor sales.

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
              It’s also a sign of distress and in this case a move directly related to their poor quality control and management.

I haven’t heard of any other firearm companies filing bankruptcy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just in recent memory, Colt did in 2015. It seems they are taking the time to get things going right, and are actually putting out new products that people want now. Which is very unlike the Colt of the past. People are also saying they are now putting out the best 1911's they ever have.

Comment

Poor product and even worse customer service. They been declining as a brand for 10 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryanm View Post
                  Just receive my rebate for some 9mm ammo purchased around Christmas. I was wondering if the check would clear...
                  Got mine today, now I'm wondering the same.

Comment

Originally posted by WRasco View Post
                    Guess I better hang on to my old 870 12g shotgun and 270 rifle. Good gun. Have not purchased or even looked at a Remington in 20 years.
                    I watched a 86 model 870 Wingmaster 12 gauge sell for $650 on Gunbroker not long ago..
                    The value of the old good stuff will only go up..

Comment

My dad bought a brand-new Remington a few years back. The barrel was AWFUL. It shot 12-18" groups at 100 yd. Verified by multiple experienced shooters and a gunsmith. I can understand mass produced barrels that don't quite hit MOA. Not everything has to be a Krieger. But a foot to a foot and a half variance at 100 yards is straight up not acceptable.

After I saw that, I said I'd never buy a Remington. I don't care if Cerberus owns it or not, or if it's owned by Donald Trump or Warren Buffett or Uncle Bob. I will never own a Remington gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
                        Cerberus and bad quality control probably had more to do with it.
                        pretty spot on, used to always love Rem. but have moved on to other over the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                          Got mine today, now I'm wondering the same.
                          Mine cleared, no issue

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                            Hope Remington gets funded and back on track, they owe me a $75 rebate.
                            Don't know why, but this comment literally had me rolling! Dang Funny!

Comment

Predictable. There was a time when I wouldn’t have anything but a Remington. These days, it’s a tough sell. Quality declined heavily on all but their top tier guns. They also took huge risks in attempting to launch into the already crowded pistol and AR style rifle markets. Even worse, they did so with products that were neither innovative nor attractive. It’s a very unfortunate mishandling of a venerated American company.

When I look at my 700 ADL purchased from Walmart for around $300 in 1991, there are few machining marks, the bolt was jewel finished, it was nicely blued, and had a semi-gloss polished wood stock. These days, $550 will get you a 700 sps with a crappy parkerized finish that turns into a rust bucket if not coated in oil and kept in a desert. It will also have a synthetic stock that is absolute garbage, and many have machining marks that rival WWII era surplus rifles. Sure the Sendero and BDL rifles are better, but they are very expensive compared to market. For the average hunter, the Browning X- bolt, Tikka T3, Howa 1500, and Savage 10-16 series rifles all present a better value. When you compare finished rifle for finished rifle, Remington’s factory offerings don’t stack up well in terms of value for money.

Contrary to Cerberus' claims, I suspect the Sandy Hook shootings had far less to do with this than gross mismanagement did. Remington has been in decline since it was purchased by Cerberus.

Comment

Or the fact that I have to worry about my rifle firing while the safety is on..

Comment

Working...
                                X