Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
    Btw you basically live in Austin IMO so yes you are considered a city boy and looks like they are rubbing off on you! LOL I kid I kid..... Kinda
    Ok now thats taking it to far!!! I graduated from Llano and remember Marble Falls when we had one stop light!!! And Llano is so country the family trees dont even have forks in them.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
      Ok now thats taking it to far!!! I graduated from Llano and remember Marble Falls when we had one stop light!!! And Llano is so country the family trees dont even have forks in them.
      LOL!

It's amazing how that area has grown! And I understand the tree that doesn't fork.... I'm loving my country arse living and feel for you guys living near that jungle!

Comment

I'm a petroleum landman and I just got the call today.....

I got a raise and my project is funded through 2017.

Comment

Still looking...

Comment

The company I work for has been though the low oil price cycle before and we came out better than we were going in...I expect the exact same thing for this cycle.

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
              LOL!

It's amazing how that area has grown! And I understand the tree that doesn't fork.... I'm loving my country arse living and feel for you guys living near that jungle!
              I live in the big city of Oatmeal on a couple hundred acres. Nice not hearing cars and stuff.

Comment

I believe this thread was started back some years ago. Very good advice was offered then and also now. Please take my 5th generation oilfield advice also as stated before save save save. The oilfield is slowing now. It WILL be back blowing and going again the problem is only when is that to happpen. Can you last it out? I also have witnessed all the spending on the up times and have done my share of it. Ask any 50+ year old oilfielder for the advice that is necessary to survive. I watched many great "Hands" kicking rocks in the late 80's boys. I now see younglings living it up to the extreme. Yes, you have earned the right to spend as you choose but better have something to fall back on when the guaranteed slowdown occurs. This is not nearly as bad as it gets. I have made plenty and lost more. Missed my kidos growing up but they never did without. Kids are now grown and wife is long gone (good). Just the dogs and me now. I ask myself was it truely all worth it?

HELL yes it was cause either you oilfield or you not. Kelly down, Lets get it boys..

Comment

Originally posted by WCI View Post
                  I believe this thread was started back some years ago. Very good advice was offered then and also now. Please take my 5th generation oilfield advice also as stated before save save save. The oilfield is slowing now. It WILL be back blowing and going again the problem is only when is that to happpen. Can you last it out? I also have witnessed all the spending on the up times and have done my share of it. Ask any 50+ year old oilfielder for the advice that is necessary to survive. I watched many great "Hands" kicking rocks in the late 80's boys. I now see younglings living it up to the extreme. Yes, you have earned the right to spend as you choose but better have something to fall back on when the guaranteed slowdown occurs. This is not nearly as bad as it gets. I have made plenty and lost more. Missed my kidos growing up but they never did without. Kids are now grown and wife is long gone (good). Just the dogs and me now. I ask myself was it truely all worth it?

HELL yes it was cause either you oilfield or you not. Kelly down, Lets get it boys..

Naw. September but I agree nonetheless

Comment

What is the pay range for these young hands living beyond their means that yall keep referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by TradAg02 View Post
                      What is the pay range for these young hands living beyond their means that yall keep referring to?
                      Starting from the bottom around $80k/yr to a few I know under 30 making over $400k... Huge range but the 80-120 guys seem to live it up a bit more than they should I know from experience because I was one that went flat a few years ago

Comment

Oil the 'Big Unknown' for 2015 Texas Housing Market
                        COLLEGE STATION (Real Estate Center) – The Texas housing market is poised to start 2015 off strong, says a housing market expert with the Real Estate Center at Texas A&M University. However, one key variable will impact the market in the second half of the year: oil.

“Oil prices are the number one issue facing the Texas housing market next year,” said Center Research Economist Dr. Jim Gaines on this week's Real Estate Red Zone podcast. “It’s the big unknown. In the last six months the price for West Texas intermediate crude has gone down almost 50 percent, from about $107 per barrel to around $53 per barrel. The question remains: what does that mean for Texas?”

Gaines said he expects low oil prices will begin taking their toll on the state economy and housing during the second quarter.

“The first half of the year I doubt we’ll see layoffs or much job loss,” he said. “What we do expect to see in the second half are cutbacks in drilling activity and capital budgets on upstream operations (exploration and drilling) and a decline in the rate of new jobs being created.”

Gaines said the cutback in drilling on the exploration and production side will be partially offset by capital construction in downstream operations (refining and processing), particularly in petrochemicals and other industries that benefit from low energy prices, as well as growth in the overall national economy.

“So one end of the spectrum gets hurt by low prices, and the other end gets helped,” he said. “Nobody knows how that’s going to balance out at this point. It’s unclear to almost every economist that we talk to or follow. First of all, we don’t know how low oil prices are going to go. There’s a very real possibility that prices will continue to fall for the next few months. We don’t know how far. We also don’t know how long they’ll stay down. That’ll make a big difference.

“In general, the national economy is helped by lower oil and gasoline prices. And Texas gets buoyed up by a better national economy. So there are a lot of things going on here that we’re going to have to keep our eye on.”

On the whole, though, Gaines said he expects the state’s housing market will be fine in 2015, but subject to a new category of unknowns.

“I don’t think it’ll collapse or anything,” he said, “but it might start to trail off during the second half of the year. If we do as well next year as we did this year, it will be a great year. But even if it declines, hopefully it won’t be more than a small percentage.”

Comment

Originally posted by TradAg02 View Post
                          Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                          Starting from the bottom around $80k/yr to a few I know under 30 making over $400k... Huge range but the 80-120 guys seem to live it up a bit more than they should I know from experience because I was one that went flat a few years ago
                          Most of those i know that work in the field make in the 80-120 range, but are never home. In other words, make like $10/hour if you were to average it out (I'm being facetious, but you get my drift).

Comment

Originally posted by txjustin View Post
                            Most of those i know that work in the field make in the 80-120 range, but are never home. In other words, make like $10/hour if you were to average it out (I'm being facetious, but you get my drift).
                            Most of those guys I know work a 7on 7off schedule to make that. Lots of money to work half a year and probably get more actual time home than someone working a regular job.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                              Most of those guys I know work a 7on 7off schedule to make that. Lots of money to work half a year and probably get more actual time home than someone working a regular job.

What would say the average hourly wage is?

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                                What would say the average hourly wage is?
                                $22 could be more

Oilfield covers tons of different types of work. I've worked rough necking jobs that varied from $16-$24/hr and then up to where I am now.
                                Last edited by bphillips; 12-20-2014, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X