No announcement yet.

Sonora TX 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got a place about ten miles south of Sonora on cr405. Anyone know much about the area?

Comment

Originally posted by DuckDogTrainer View Post
      Just got a place about ten miles south of Sonora on cr405. Anyone know much about the area?
      Welcome to the area! I posed in your other thread but you should expect great hunting. Exotics, hogs, turkeys, great whitetail are all over the area. If you are new to the area the big whitetail bucks typically do not start showing their selves until around first weekend in December. It may be slow during November but dont get discouraged as December has always been the best month for seeing big deer.

Ive been hunting the area going on 14 years so if you ever need anything give me a shout. I can try to help out.

Comment

With all the Sonora hunters on TBH we should set up a Sonora TBH Hunting Lunch/Dinner and do a meet and great. Maybe a lunch or dinner at the steak house for starters. Would be great to put some faces to names.

Comment

^^For sure. Im in

Comment

Originally posted by daniel044 View Post
            With all the Sonora hunters on TBH we should set up a Sonora TBH Hunting Lunch/Dinner and do a meet and great. Maybe a lunch or dinner at the steak house for starters. Would be great to put some faces to names.
            I'm in. Speaking of eating places in Sonora, how is that Steakhouse just on the Northside of I-10? Anywhere else have decent eats? I liked the salsa at the Mexican place next to Sonic, but that was about it. We won't go to town much, but when we do I'd like to eat somewhere decent.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
              I'm in. Speaking of eating places in Sonora, how is that Steakhouse just on the Northside of I-10? Anywhere else have decent eats? I liked the salsa at the Mexican place next to Sonic, but that was about it. We won't go to town much, but when we do I'd like to eat somewhere decent.
              Thats about it bud. Those are the only 2 places I ever eat at as well. Mexican food is great but if its packed I would expect a long wait and the steakhouse is pretty good. They have a lunch buffet which is always great. We rarely eat in town as well unless we are running to town for supplies/feed.

Comment

Y'all are talking about La Mexican, that's where we eat if we are in town. The steak house used to be better. There's a little Mexican diner close to the feed stores, it was called Maria's then closed and has reopened, I haven't been there since it reopened. They had pretty good food.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                  You can get a hotdog at the Stripes on the South side of I10 that you can stretch to twice it's original length without breaking it.

I like the small Mexican place that has the little buffet. I always just eat the buffet and it's usually pretty tasty. If you go in there beware of the salsa they sell in mason jars up front. It will take the paint off your car and make smoke come out your ears.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel044 View Post
                    I'm down with a meet and greet

Comment

Im not quite in Sonora like most of you guys but would certainly want to do a meet up.

(Also just did a name change)

Comment

We could probably all do a meet up in October as most people should be around the area at that time. I know lots of us go during the off season but its so sporadic it would be hard to make good plans that work for everyone.

Comment

Ranch foreman said we got an inch of rain lastnight and just as much hail !

Comment

We got .62", not sure about hail. Hope no one had too much damage.

Comment

Our lease owner ran down to our place this morning and said we got 3/4 of inch rain and wind. He didn't report any hail damage thank god.

Comment

IN!

Comment

Working...
                                X