No announcement yet.

New Ford Trucks, be careful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am at Ancira Ford in Floresville now. I brought this up and the tech said I wish they would steal all the junky things. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
      If I remember correct, in 2008 Ford finally added PATS (passive anti-theft system) which added a chipped key. Before that, they didnt have it so you just needed to turn the ignition which could be done with a big screwdriver and a hammer.

When I was buying my 06 Dodge 2500 from a small dealer in Houston, they literally had a F250 stolen from the lot a few minutes before I got there. The police hadnt made it yet. They said that was the 4-5 truck stolen from them because it was "too easy" to steal these trucks.
      My 2000 F150 had a chipped key.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by hgiles View Post
          Your momma never rode in my '77 F150.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
            How much does the Revelco cost plus installation
            I would guess the Ravelco is about $500 installed and the Viper about $500 installed.

I can assure you of this, when you take your Ravelco plug with you and set the Viper. They are not driving it away. They may tow it away but they ain't driving it away. Also with the Viper if someone just accidently bumps the truck then it shows a shock symbol on the remote, but if they have opened the door then on your remote will show the door of your vehicle open and you now know they are inside your truck. You can be inside a mall and your remote is in constant contact with your vehicle.

I choose to roll like this and don't have issues anymore, The thieves move on to trucks without all this on them. The window stickers for the Viper and the Ravelco pretty much let them know it ain't worth it fool !!

RD

Comment

73-87 best trucks ever built

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
                My '02 F150 had a chipped key and my current '05 F150 has a chipped key.
                Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                My 2000 F150 had a chipped key.
                Should have been more specific. The Superduty's didnt

Comment

Originally posted by ranchdog View Post
                  I would guess the Ravelco is about $500 installed and the Viper about $500 installed.

I can assure you of this, when you take your Ravelco plug with you and set the Viper. They are not driving it away. They may tow it away but they ain't driving it away. Also with the Viper if someone just accidently bumps the truck then it shows a shock symbol on the remote, but if they have opened the door then on your remote will show the door of your vehicle open and you now know they are inside your truck. You can be inside a mall and your remote is in constant contact with your vehicle.

I choose to roll like this and don't have issues anymore, The thieves move on to trucks without all this on them. The window stickers for the Viper and the Ravelco pretty much let them know it ain't worth it fool !!
                  RD
                  anybody in the sticker business? I don't really wanna spend a grand if the stickers will do the trick

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                    Is it because they are finally worth stealing again?
                    Ha!

Comment

Working...
                    X