No announcement yet.

****** off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know how you feel the lease hunters next to me does the same thing. It upsets me but not much I can do about it. If they shoot an old mature deer it's ok but when they kill a 2.5 or 3.5 with all the potential it bothers me. I feed all year and they show up a few weeks before the season and fill their feeders and sounds like a war zone on opening day. That's hunting that's why high fences were built in the first place.

Comment

Have you spent any time sharing pictures of the exact deer you are passing and letting the neighbors know how old each one is? You can absolutely grow big deer on low fence and 1,000 Acres. It just takes cooperation with your neighbors and everyone's willingness to let deer get old.

Comment

If ur a "trophy hunter" then why are u even considering shooting that other buck? He's much smaller than the other buck and only a 4.5 year old 8 pt. At that point ur no better than them. What if they have been watching that deer the same as u we're watching the other one???? Just sayin......and merry Christmas by the way

Comment

Congrats to the hunter. Judging by the smile on his face he looks happy as hell!.. That's what it is all about!

Comment

Lighten up Francis.....
            It's just a deer and it looks like it made that guy's day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I’d stick to your management plan. Feed heavy and try to keep pressure at a minimum, keeping them bucks close by. That’s about all you can do. I wouldn’t get too worked up over it though.

Comment

Shoot that man looks happy as heck. I'd rather see people that happy over a young 9 point these days than a lot of other things. This thread is proof that the good stuff is going bye bye

Comment

Personally I think both bucks you posted pictures of are older than 4.5. Either way both are mature. No need to be mad at the neighbor

Comment

I wouldn’t be happy but I also wouldn’t start a whole thread over it either. You’re simply not going to get much in the way of sympathy.

Comment

You passed him, the other gent didn’t. He looks tickled to death. Free range deer roam and things happen. The other deer seems smaller than the one harvested. Personally, I would take a cull if you can’t locate a target buck. Chill and be thankful to be able to hunt where you do. Life is too short to be bitter over this.

Comment

If you want to give up your spot on the lease, i' d be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                          I think you should do what you want, and let them do the same.
                          Word

Comment

It’s probably time to quit hunting and find a new hobby.

Comment

It's frustrating, but it happens. Such is life and hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
                                It’s probably time to quit hunting and find a new hobby.
                                , eh, maybe not that, but get a little more experience before you just quit altogether! It's a free-range deer, OP. They're constantly making more.

Comment

Working...
                                X