No announcement yet.

Why no open carry during bow season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

laws are laws.. This is a law.. They dont all have to make since to everyone, but it is crystal clear to me. If you have a gun in the bow blind, you might be tempted to use it if in the right situation

Yeah, cause I can shoot better with my 1911, than with my p.s.e., not

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
      no, the law is intpreted differently outside of this forum. intrepeted correctly I might add. no need to contact anybody.
      Did you misinterpret my post?

Comment

Originally posted by aceshooter01 View Post
        NOTE: A firearm may be possessed in camp, in a motor vehicle, or while hunting lawful game other than whitetail or mule deer and turkey (e.g., exotics, feral hogs, squirrels).
        Arnt you always hog hunting?

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
          Don't get sucked back in....resist...don't do it....ah **** it

No offense but are you freaking kidding me? What country does that argument make any sense in? Do you advocate limits on all freedoms that "might" temp someone to commit a crime? What is your stance on burqas for all women, after all if you see some ankle you might commit rape

My point is more than backed on 1000s of ranches every year. Howq many of you have heard of guys shooting a buck, then leaving it in to the woods because it is either younger or smaller than they thought. Or how many have killed few to many doves, or shot 10 javis? It happens. May not be you, but it happens. So the law is in place to keep the few from doingit. Unfortunately, there is no sign we wear that would indicate who would or who wouldnt do it. So it is the law. Put the macho, i have to carry a pistol on my hip even though you are on a ranch in the middle of know danger. You can live without it for a few hours a day. You are more than welcome to come home and caress you piece in private all you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
            My point is more than backed on 1000s of ranches every year. Howq many of you have heard of guys shooting a buck, then leaving it in to the woods because it is either younger or smaller than they thought. Or how many have killed few to many doves, or shot 10 javis? It happens. May not be you, but it happens. So the law is in place to keep the few from doingit. Unfortunately, there is no sign we wear that would indicate who would or who wouldnt do it. So it is the law. Put the macho, i have to carry a pistol on my hip even though you are on a ranch in the middle of know danger. You can live without it for a few hours a day. You are more than welcome to come home and caress you piece in private all you want.

Nothing 'macho' about it, if somebody is hunting I deep south Texas they should take precautions. MOST hunters manage to NOT shoot a deer with their pistol all year, but are not deemed trustworthy by the State for the month of bow-only hunting? Am I trust worthy for the few weekends a month my wife spends out of town? Am I trust worthy enough to go feed deer all summer and never shoot one? My rights are not based on what other people may do.

STUPID LAW AND IT SHOULD BE RE-WRITTEN.

BUT, it is a law and should be obeyed until it is replaced.

The old saying 'it's not wrong because it's illegal, it's illegal cause it's wrong' comes to mind. There is a higher authority than the state of Texas and the Federal Govt. Morals come before all of those, and when a law abiding citizen can't exercise their GOD given rights then the law is wrong.

Comment

I have heard of DWI yet we still have drive through beer barns....heck they just hand you all the beer you want right in through your car window I tell you what, we need laws to prevent everything people might do All this free will and excercising of constitutional rights is more than a man should be expected to handle. Yes sir, too **** much freedom and presumption of innocence in this country, that's our problem. If TPWD made all the laws there would be no crime cause they have found the secret

Comment

so why have a deer season. Private land we should just be able to slaughter all the deer.

The reason you cant carry is because it is primitive season only. I doubt anyone is going to fall to pieces if they have to leave their handgun in the camp for the 2-3 hours you are hunting.

laws are laws.. This is a law.. They dont all have to make since to everyone, but it is crystal clear to me. If you have a gun in the bow blind, you might be tempted to use it if in the right situation. Not very primitive....

This is a non issue..
                Wait a min!!! You're quoting me and I agree with you!

Comment

ill prolly cary mine anyway concealed or not, without a chl.

Comment

Originally posted by casilva43 View Post
                    who said you can't...get a CHL
                    I have a CHL and do carry during archery, however to get a CHL I have to jump through a lot of BS that I don't agree with in the first place. What if I really really didn't want to have a record of me and firearms with my fingerprints also. It's not the goverments right to know who has a gun and who doesn't.

This law forces one to be on record as having a gun if they want to defend themselves.

Someone said you only need one if you hunt south Texas. Very untrue. Did folks read the story about all the pot plants in Sam Houston National Forest? I know in Oregon they've found people growing pot out in the national forest there guarding them with AK's, AR's, ect. Hasn't anyone else read the articles about bodies being dumped in national forest down here also? The thing is you never know when you might run into some bad mojo out there.

Comment

I can see both sides of this arguement... But I dont see how this is a suspension of your rights. To carry a pistol on your person at any time you need/should have a CHL. And yes you are on your property, and it may make no logical sense what so ever but the law is the law :/, if you want to know the exact answer call your local game warden ask him if he doesnt know he will give you a number to call that will know. But the deer belong to the State of Texas until they hit a car or something lol funny how that works! So the state can make any rules that they deam necessary. Whether it makes sense to us or not. Its like the 13'' rule some bucks will never get get wider than 13'' and die that away by nature instead of a bullet or arrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Csmith52779 View Post
                        I can see both sides of this arguement... But I dont see how this is a suspension of your rights. To carry a pistol on your person at any time you need/should have a CHL. And yes you are on your property, and it may make no logical sense what so ever but the law is the law :/, if you want to know the exact answer call your local game warden ask him if he doesnt know he will give you a number to call that will know. But the deer belong to the State of Texas until they hit a car or something lol funny how that works! So the state can make any rules that they deam necessary. Whether it makes sense to us or not. Its like the 13'' rule some bucks will never get get wider than 13'' and die that away by nature instead of a bullet or arrow.
                        Where in the 2nd does it say anything about a regulated license aka CHL? You think our founders would of been happy with a CHL?

The right to bear arms, and hunting is two different topics that have been smashed together by our goverment and people in a lot of different scenerios. This is true in all areas of hunting. You hear people saying "Well you don't need that kind of rifle to hunt." True, however the 2nd isn't about hunting. Our founders put the 2nd amendment into the Constitution to protect ourselves and property from people/goverment and to overthrow our goverment if the need should arise.

I mean no disrespect to anyone. I just love freedom and I'm see it being stomped to bits everytime I look around. When I think back to when I was younger I get sick thinking of all the ways our goverment has increased it's control on us.
                        Last edited by Kodiakk; 09-22-2012, 02:19 AM.

Comment

So how does the GW know whether Im huntin hogs or deer?

Comment

Originally posted by coachk43 View Post
                            Because Obama said "Change we can believe in" and fooled us all!
                            Bahaaa

Comment

Krivoman: You get it I can't agree with you anymore!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                                Did you misinterpret my post?
                                yes no you did

Comment

Working...
                                X