High and Rising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High and Rising

We could really use a break from the rain up here.

That picture is from down at Little Rock.

Flooding bad, upriver. My parents and grandmother have quite a bit under water (near Petit Jean) No houses though. Looks like most all crops in the bottoms will be lost.

Flow is at 560,000cfs at Toad Suck. Supposed to crest Sunday or Monday. It’s the largest flood in recorded history for the Arkansas river.
    Attached Files

Geez man. Stay safe up there.

Comment

Holy jeez, that looks bad.

Comment

"Toad Suck". There's such a place?

Comment

All the major highways around my parent's up in Muskogee OK are flooded out, most of the industrial areas are all under water.

Got a good buddy on the FD in Fort Smith, they're busy.

This water will be causing damage for weeks on its way down.

I just saw the AGFC post that water is coming over the lake conway dam from the river back upstream.

Comment

Really bad. I have been following the story because my mother lives in Tulsa and I have a lot of friends around there. Tremendous flooding all along the river - Keystone Lake (just upriver) has been releasing 275,000 cfs to keep from overtopping the spillway but they were able to reduce that today. There are some 70 year old levees in Tulsa that are holding so far but it has been very dicey. The tiny town of Braggs has been completely cut off. Other than a railroad track the only way in\out is by boat. Thankfully the rain seems to have stopped for now. Y'all stay safe!

Comment

Behind my grandma’s on Tuesday. It’s come up a couple of feet, since. This is several miles from the river.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                Really bad. I have been following the story because my mother lives in Tulsa and I have a lot of friends around there. Tremendous flooding all along the river - Keystone Lake (just upriver) has been releasing 275,000 cfs to keep from overtopping the spillway but they were able to reduce that today. There are some 70 year old levees in Tulsa that are holding so far but it has been very dicey. The tiny town of Braggs has been completely cut off. Other than a railroad track the only way in\out is by boat. Thankfully the rain seems to have stopped for now. Y'all stay safe!
                That is certainly where the big crest came from! The river has been high for several months and all that rain in Oklahoma and Kansas pushed it out.

Comment

Hopefully it will get better soon

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                    "Toad Suck". There's such a place?
                    Yes sir . They have Toad Suck festival/days every year.
                    Uses to go every yr, when I was growing up.
                    Beer & Bikinis. Good memories.
                    Used to do a lot of snagging below the dam there, and Maumelle. Never seen the water anywhere near its present level.
                    Crazy.

Comment

My canoe/kayak group is headed to SE Oklahoma this weekend. We have a couple smaller rivers in mind but as of today both are still high from Wednesday's rains. We postponed the trip from early May because of flooding and here we are, still dealing with it. I can't imagine what the bigger rivers look like about now.

Comment

Levee breach. Near Dardenelle, Arkansas.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                          Levee breach. Near Dardenelle, Arkansas.
                          This is not good!

The video's coming out of Braggs are incredible too.

Hope all survive.

Rwc

Comment

The scale of the flooding across Green Country is hard to comprehend. Osage SkyNews 6 HD has flown over most of the flooded areas this week.

Crazy

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDsEeklN-rc"]Record flooding causes Arkansas levee breach - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                              X