Rucking (Ruck Marching)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
    I’ll see you in the corral. I’ll be the guy in the kilt.
    You wearing the kilt to Jailbreak?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Finished off the first month with 265+ miles. Only 735 to go

And in 2nd place (for now)

Comment

I've done my share of 25 mile forced marches during my time in the173rd and usually a 5-10miler once a week. I can say it wrecks your back. IF you don't do it right. An internal frame ruck is ok If that's all you have. You really need a kidney pad with a belt. This puts the weight on your hips not on your shoulders. You may not Be able to tell now but if you do it for long periods of time it will wear on you and most will start getting back pain. Lastly just weights inside a pack Is not a great idea because it doesn't move or flex. I would suggest packing it with gear. I did that 1 time thinking that it was just a quick way to get my pack to weigh the 45 pounds I needed. I can tell you from experience it is a bad idea. Guys are doing great I just want to give you got some heads up Those of that are planning to do the 1000 miles or whatever it might be something to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
          You wearing the kilt to Jailbreak?

Of course.

Comment

Bataan is expecting a huge turnout. Great way to keep the memory alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you guys for getting me motivated to do something. I
              With my career change I don't have the availiaility to ride my bike like I was in the past. This seems like the obviously solution to gain control of my health. As a former Marine I have had my fair share of Forced Marches!!! Found a simple Ruck sak online and plan on starting off slow this week with a 10# sand bag and a goal of 5 miles each day of the work week and a 10 mile on a weekend day.
              Starting weight is 218 goal weight is 190.

Comment

Well... I didn't die!!!
                Day 1 @ 222lbs
                25# pack
                4.55 miles in 1:19 with 1200 calories burned.

Comment

Another 7 miles in this chilly arse morning and that puts me at 76.75 for the year (Shut it, Swamp Rabbit). Took a new ruck out today that I finally received from a Kickstarter campaign and I have to say I know it's not purpose built for loading steel plates (or bricks) like my GR0 is (although, one of the co-owners was one of the designers/founders for GORUCK when they developed the GR rucks) it really rides nice with a 30# plate in the laptop compartment. I've got an 18 mile training ruck this Saturday so I'm going to also load two 10# bags of rice into it to get up to 50# and if all goes well I'll bring it to Jailbreak.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5496.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	24530172

Comment

16.22 miles at 60#+ today with the new ruck. Recap later. Shower first . I smell like wet dog that rolled in hot garbage.

Comment

[ATTACH]896310[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]896311[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]896312[/ATTACH]

Comment

Good work Mark!

Been busy the last 3 days and have gotten very little in.

Comment

I read yesterday where the Army will no longer include it in their training program. It never really said why just that it was stopping.

Comment

I have been doing it 2 to 3 times a week and love it. I usually do about an hour to 1.5 hrs. I really have nothing to judge as I'm not in the business of loosing weight but after my walks I feel like I have got something out of them.

Comment

Need to step my game up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4CEE881F-ABB7-4414-8B5B-F18EB283D40F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	24530334

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                                I have been doing it 2 to 3 times a week and love it. I usually do about an hour to 1.5 hrs. I really have nothing to judge as I'm not in the business of loosing weight but after my walks I feel like I have got something out of them.
                                When I am controlling my eating.. walks always make a difference. They keep my metabolism up so that calorie cuts dont just slow you down.

Keep up the good work.

Comment

Working...
                                X