Trespasser help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, now I want to know the outcome.

It's kind of surprising that he'd drive in there when the gate was open. That screams "owner is here" to me, but it happened at my old place all the time.

About 9 of us shared a front gate and a ROW to access our land. I'd be at my place, which was close to a mile in, and I'd see a truck coming down the road and assume it was one of my neighbors. They keep coming and get all the way to my place, see my truck, slam on the brakes and turn around and high tail it out.

I basically gave my hay rights to a local for free just to know he was constantly out there watching over everything. And he did a great job. Not someone that would tolerate any nonsense at all.

Comment

Had a similar issue on our place. 1st off be careful if you approach him the guy we caught was hot headed & throwing his hands up at us until my brother pulled the gun out and I took his guns out of his truck. The guy did get charged with criminal trespass & a few other things, but couldn't get him good, because we had left our gate open, because we were in the same pasture hunting. Lesson learned now every gate gets closed & locked whether we are going in or out.
      2nd. Make sure you have no trespass signs on your gate.. we also have signs stating we aren't responsible for any injuries that may happen on our land. As well as our #s on it. The game warden also recommended that we painted our vertical poles going through the gate purple.. this way if the gate is open and they can't see the no trespass signs than they have no excuse cause the purple paint is on there.

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
        There's a difference in pulling into someone's drive and coming up to the house and introducing yourself and stating your purpose. I think most people would be skeptical of anyone who pulls up to their house, but after a quick conversation would get comfortable if intentions were good.

This guy obviously wasn't looking for the OP to have a chat.
        I agree now. I didn't catch that he drove all over his place and snooped around until antler recent comment.
        Last edited by JeffK; 05-15-2018, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Good luck finding the guy OP.

Comment

Originally posted by Laner7 View Post
            Had a similar issue on our place. 1st off be careful if you approach him the guy we caught was hot headed & throwing his hands up at us until my brother pulled the gun out and I took his guns out of his truck. The guy did get charged with criminal trespass & a few other things, but couldn't get him good, because we had left our gate open, because we were in the same pasture hunting. Lesson learned now every gate gets closed & locked whether we are going in or out.
            2nd. Make sure you have no trespass signs on your gate.. we also have signs stating we aren't responsible for any injuries that may happen on our land. As well as our #s on it. The game warden also recommended that we painted our vertical poles going through the gate purple.. this way if the gate is open and they can't see the no trespass signs than they have no excuse cause the purple paint is on there.
            good info

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
              But this isn't the world wide web. This is a specific forum with infinite resources to include people that live all around you that have eyes and ears. The OP tapped this resource to perform a specific function that he could not do, knowing there are members on here that can.
              He can’t flag the guy down even though he sees him every week?

Comment

Originally posted by J-Carp View Post
                Well than I’m confused cause I don’t see house listed as “property of another” huh must not be property then.

Listen I hope he identifies the guy and issues him a CTW for starters and takes it from there. The reason trespassers suck so much is because there isn’t much you can do, even if you get them arrested, good luck with having the charge stick. Like others have pointed out all he’s gonna tell the judge is that he wanted to say hello.

On the other side of that if you have pictures of him approaching that camera presumably to turn it off I think you would greatly increase the chances of the judge ruling favorably

Y’all just wanna shoot people and hang em high. This is texas but it ain’t the Wild West.
                See "building" in the statute. That is your home, or shed, or garage, or barn or whatever the legal definition of a building is to the state of TX.

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                  Yeah, sure. So what is the OP to do when the guy shoots him on the side of the road? The OP doesn't know this guy from Adam other than the fact Adam still hasn't criminally trespassed his property.

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                    I can and I will. Why wait though for the next time. I have a name. He will be getting a visit from me properly without me trespassing. He may just get a phone call!

To top it off the name came from someone here who knows the truck and guy! TBH at it's best!

Comment

Originally posted by Laner7 View Post

Thank you for putting some first hand experience to what I’ve been saying. The law is a tricky little devil. Everyone is going on about how you shouldn’t need fences, signs or this or that. I wasn’t saying I necessarily disagree with that, cause I don’t but if this person is truly a **** do your due diligence so that when you do catch him the charges stick. As lancer posted above a couple of signs and an open gate won’t get you that.

It is incredibly unfortunate that us lawful citizens have to spend more money and time to protect what is already ours from the people who try to take or mistreat it.

Go get him and hang him high if that’s what he deserves. I’m just saying the more locked gates, purple paint, signs in at least English and Spanish you have...the harder it will be for him or his lawyer to BS their way out of a charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                        I can and I will. Why wait though for the next time. I have a name. He will be getting a visit from me properly without me trespassing. He may just get a phone call!

To top it off the name came from someone here who knows the truck and guy! TBH at it's best!

Good news!

Comment

Is there any 271 class deer on the property. Asking for a friend

Comment

Sss

Comment

See "building" in the statute. That is your home, or shed, or garage, or barn or whatever the legal definition of a building is to the state of TX.

I understand man, but if you determine his intent you can perhaps take the charge up from criminal Trespass to a high charge.

Comment

Home/residence, Superfund site, carries a deadly weapon is a Class A. The others mentioned are Class B misdemeanors.

Comment

Working...
                                X