No announcement yet.

Simple Carne Guisada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just started my first crack at this. Browned up 3.5 lbs of Javi and now in the crock pot on low until dinner. (And no, the Javi does not smell or taste bad... it honestly tastes like beef.) Yep... cooking up the Javi from my javitar

Comment

It is good, and easy. Fiesta Brand spanish rice seasoning is pretty easy and pretty good too. Goes good with the carne g.

Comment

Finished product.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1398552488255.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	24301422

Comment

Tried this with some pork butt I had cubed up and need to use. It doesn't look like typical beef carne guisada but it **** sure was good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pork guisada.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	24521974

Comment

Looks good.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Made this yesterday, it’s good stuff. Added a jalapeño, green chili’s and an onion. Think I’ll add some of the seasoning when I start it next time. The sauce was great but it didn’t penetrate the meat very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Tried this with some pork butt I had cubed up and need to use. It doesn't look like typical beef carne guisada but it **** sure was good.

[ATTACH]885762[/ATTACH]
                Looks great! So you are adding the seasoning up front? How long are you cooking it for? I've cooked it several times now using the directions on the bottle and its always a big hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                  Looks great! So you are adding the seasoning up front? How long are you cooking it for? I've cooked it several times now using the directions on the bottle and its always a big hit.

About 8 hours with the beef.....I add the seasoning about 6 hours in and let it cook in for about 2 hours. That pork above got cooked too long and it shredded much like pulled pork does for BBQ. It did not stay in cubed form like beef. It was good but it was more like carnitas

Comment

I’m cooking this in a cast iron skillet over a fire tomorrow evening. I usually use a cowboy wok so be interesting to see how it goes. Hopefully it turns out just as good.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                      I’m cooking this in a cast iron skillet over a fire tomorrow evening. I usually use a cowboy wok so be interesting to see how it goes. Hopefully it turns out just as good.

We are gonna need some pics!

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      About 8 hours with the beef.....I add the seasoning about 6 hours in and let it cook in for about 2 hours. That pork above got cooked too long and it shredded much like pulled pork does for BBQ. It did not stay in cubed form like beef. It was good but it was more like carnitas

Thx Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Even better the next day (if any is left) with scrambled eggs.

Comment

Is it liquid or dry seasoning? Anyone have picture of container?

Comment

Originally posted by Tx knifeguy View Post
                            Is it liquid or dry seasoning? Anyone have picture of container?

Dry.
                            Also works great with turkey tenderloins for those of you trying to reduce your red meat intake.

Comment

I use this stuff as well. I usually just dump browned stew meat and 1 little tub of pre made pico de Gallo in the crock pot and cover with beef broth. After I let it cook down all day I thicken the liquid with the carne guisada seasoning.

Comment

I always keep a shaker of this Fiesta carne guisada seasoning handy. It is great.

Comment

Working...
                                X