Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My schedule is weather dependent .

Comment

I went yesterday. Got to my number one crappie hole that has been a good producer. Dropped my 1/16oz jig on my ultralight with 6lb test down 25 feet. Got a hit and set the hook. Took me a full 10 minutes to get that crappie in. I was afraid it was going to break my line so I dipped it out. Pic is at a downward angle. So you can't see it's true length of 20". Biggest crappie I've ever seen!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170308_114408 - Copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	24488751

Comment

I caught a few more "regular" white crappie. But no keepers. That ^^^ was the only keeper I got. So I went on up to hole #3 and put some sandies in the boat. No crappie there either like has been over the past several weeks.

Comment

Fresh water multi-line Snook right there Mike! Very rare, but tasty rascals!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            I caught a few more "regular" white crappie. But no keepers. That ^^^ was the only keeper I got. So I went on up to hole #3 and put some sandies in the boat. No crappie there either like has been over the past several weeks.
            Ah im just jealous you got any fish. My fishing itch has been bad lately, had a bass tournament 3 weeks ago that aleviated it a little but im ready

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              Fresh water multi-line Snook right there Mike! Very rare, but tasty rascals!
              So, your say-n I got "Snookered"? If so, it ain't as bad as I thought.

Comment

Missing the Hugo lk. crappie bash days...

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                  Ah im just jealous you got any fish. My fishing itch has been bad lately, had a bass tournament 3 weeks ago that aleviated it a little but im ready
                  All the sandies I caught were females. Some had already spawned out. Some full of eggs. Did not catch a single sandie that was not legal. Smallest was 12". The striper was male and loaded!

Monday and Tuesday look like the next two most promising days weather wise and sun wise. Water flow was cut off yesterday up stream. I still had a little current yesterday. But if we get enough rain over the weekend, they will release some water again. And that is a good thing.

Last time I went, I found a huge school of fish on the graph in 22-27 foot of water, before the water came up. They were not there yesterday.

Comment

Caught several yesterday on a black jig under a bobber. It's getting close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                      Caught several yesterday on a black jig under a bobber. It's getting close.

How deep?

Comment

Bout 20" but it was in a large pond, not a lake.

Comment

Well we made our first trip to Rayburn. Crappie weren't near as shallow as suggested but we found them!

Comment

I'm taking the family camping all next week at Johnson Branch on the north side of Ray Roberts. Hoping we can find a few crappie and sand bass!

Comment

That is some nice filets coming out of Rayburn

Wish I lived closer as that is one of my favorite lakes

Comment

Battled the weather this past weekend in a local fishing club tournament. Ended up with 54 total and a 12 pound 5 ounce stringer of 10, was good enough for 1st place.

Comment

Working...
                                X