The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Axe Man View Post
    I have to say that W.L. Weller Special Reserve is really good! Super cheap and good is fine by me. My friends say that I have become a bourbon snob. I won't buy the blended stuff that many find from Texas. If it is not true bourbon distilled where it is claimed to be from, I shy away from it.
    I am just about to this point as well. I will throw Rebecca Creek a bone every once and a while only cause they are down the road from me.

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
      Big fan of Angel's Envy!!
      I'll be picking up a bottle this weekend.

Comment

Threads like this might possibly make some closet alcoholics out of a bunch of us. ):

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
          Trying a new one today!

You have a review on this one?

Comment

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post
            How did you like the 2 you picked up?

Comment

Pretty dang good!! Bought 2 more bottles of it!

Comment

I tried a bottle of Very old Barton, pretty darn good stuff for the price. Hints of Banana at the nose and finishes pretty good.

Comment

Weller's 12 year for me. For a while it was hard to find, then I drank 1792 or Forty Creek

Comment

Picked up a couple new ones to try tonight

You'll love those. If you don't, something is wrong with you.

Comment

Picked up a couple new ones to try tonight

Angels Envy: very good bourbon, easy drinker. Very unique flavor coming from being finished in the port barrels, almost sweet to me but very enjoyable. The Basil Hayden's is my favorite all around Bourbon I have had. Very smooth and easy on the tongue with a great flavor although a lot more mellow then some. I would recommend both highly with the Basil coming in first by a pretty good margin for my taste buds.

Comment

This will be my next taste test tomorrow as it was given to me as a gift but for the price range it would have to be knock your socks off good to justify the price or even to beat the Basil in a straight up in my books. Will update with a review tomorrow

Comment

So review on the Garrison Brothers Single Barrel, on my recommendation do not spend the money. There are a lot of bourbons for half the price that are way better. I am not impressed at all. This will stay on my shelf for a very long time until someone else wants a taste.

Comment

So review on the Garrison Brothers Single Barrel, on my recommendation do not spend the money. There are a lot of bourbons for half the price that are way better. I am not impressed at all. This will stay on my shelf for a very long time until someone else wants a taste.
                            How do you like that Outlaw?

Comment

Has anyone tasted Balcones Baby Blue which is made in Waco, 5 star rating/reviews almost everywhere.
                              Last edited by SAVIOUR68; 05-31-2015, 10:47 AM.

Comment

My thoughts as well. Too many other good ones out there for half the price.

Comment

Working...
                                X