No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post #699 and #702 was bullet rye. Same thing. Not a “spice” thing or a heat thing (low heat) just a bunch of off taste that really....suck. Taste like a pickle

Comment

For grins I googled “ high west double rye taste like dill pickle” there are lots of the exact same review with it and bullet (at least I know I haven’t gone crazy ... yet)

Straightbourbon.com was one

Comment

Poured a heavy seam of Blantons tonight. The longer that bottle has been open the better it gets, it is **** smooth

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
          Dill pickle?!?!! You must have got a bad bottle.
          I’ve got to agree I don’t get anything like that from mine. Now rye does have a distinct flavor and you can pick it up quick from the younger of the blend but never have I though of dill pickle

Comment

Going to crack open the Four Roses Single Barrel this weekend. Will report back.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
              Poured a heavy seam of Blantons tonight. The longer that bottle has been open the better it gets, it is **** smooth

I’m right there as we speak. Celebrating first day at my new position after the promotion. No more oilfield field hand and feels a bit nice to be in an office where I can see me kids most nights.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                I’m right there as we speak. Celebrating first day at my new position after the promotion. No more oilfield field hand and feels a bit nice to be in an office where I can see me kids most nights.

Congrats!

Comment

Picked up some Bib & Tucker

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Got this one to age in my small barrel.

Comment

Congrats!
                      Thank you

Comment

Congrats & cheers.

Stagg jr for me tonight

Comment

Congratulations on your promotion!

Comment

Great!

Comment

Agreed

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                              Congratulations on your promotion!
                              Congrats! A fine way to start

Dill pickle?!?!! You must have got a bad bottle.
                              I just returned a bottle of Yippee Ki-Yay Rye to a local store.
                              I bought it last Friday,
                              ok-ish upon opening but could not stand it on try 2 or 3. Took it back to the store, left it with a message for my sales guy to try. He text "tastes sour and kind of reminds me of mildew. In other words it's gross."
                              They are going to give me a bottle of something else to replace it.

Comment

Had some good finds today!

Comment

Working...
                                X