Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
    The point is most have zero expectations of moving that much ammo or needing it for a SHTF scenario. If I make it more than 100 rounds deep into that I’ll consider myself lucky. However I do wish to shoot as I please for years to come in the face of an unfriendly administration such as we may see the coming 4 years. I can shoot 1000+ rounds killing hogs in a couple of months easily. That doesn’t include any target practice or recreational shooting. As I said 1000+ rounds isn’t even remotely enough. For some it may be, but that’s not my decision to tell them what is or isn’t enough.
    This is exactly how I see it..I've spent weekends shooting guns.All of them,hours on end..I still shoot for practice,and alot.So having ENOUGH ammo probably won't happen anytime soon.Btw..I'm not giving an arm/leg for ammo.It can still be had for a decent price.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
      Hypothetical as well, but ASSUMING your neighbor is buying ammo or preparing for any hypothetical situation isn't good enough for some.
      Not when I can for 100% certainty know I will, and I will be preparing for your slack.
      If you're on the greenscreen, there is no excuse at all.

Agreed. I think you missed my point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My answer is every box I can find/afford...

Comment

I don't Hoard, but I never stop adding to my inventory..
          If that makes sense? I have SIL That works at the largest
          Gun retailers in the Houston area and she buys me a box
          Or two everyday or two.. Just a steady stream while leaving
          Plenty on the shelf.. It just helps that she's there when the
          Shelves are being stocked.. Im very fortunate as this includes her discount as well....

Comment

This is my main source of ammo disposal. It’s pretty common for us to kill 35-45 hogs a night multiple times a week during the summer, and we’re going pretty constant. I don’t hunt near as much as my buddy though, who hunts 4-5 times a week every week. I’ve seen him knock out a case of ammo in less than 2 weeks. For me it’s about 2 months.
            Anyone killing 40 hogs a night in the summer has my pity. I thought I was doing good to kill 40 a year. I guess you really do need more ammo than most. I am happy with my 1k stacks though, I will just buy more bullets, primers, arrows, bolts and pellets to keep me in practice.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicket Luke View Post
              Anyone killing 40 hogs a night in the summer has my pity. I thought I was doing good to kill 40 a year. I guess you really do need more ammo than most. I am happy with my 1k stacks though, I will just buy more bullets, primers, arrows, bolts and pellets to keep me in practice.
              They hit the fields heavy right before and during wheat harvest. We’re only limited by time with how many we can kill each night. We’ve got more than enough wheat fields to hit, so it just depends how much time we waste stalking as to what we’re capable of.

Ive got a few K of each on hand, and enough components for each to load double that. Don’t really have much option if we want to keep killing with any regularity. I pity my buddy. His ammo bill makes mine look like chump change.

Comment

Don't have that problem.

Comment

They hit the fields heavy right before and during wheat harvest. We’re only limited by time with how many we can kill each night. We’ve got more than enough wheat fields to hit, so it just depends how much time we waste stalking as to what we’re capable of.

Ive got a few K of each on hand, and enough components for each to load double that. Don’t really have much option if we want to keep killing with any regularity. I pity my buddy. His ammo bill makes mine look like chump change.
                  I can see the Russian 7.62x39 is a good option for hog killing at .60/rd if your hunting hogs. Is that what you guys use? 5.56 is now .80-$1.00/rd. Steel case ammo is becoming more and more appealing for hunting.
                  When shooting them in the trap. The 22lr works fine.

Comment

Ammo - How much is enough?

I don't know yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                      I can see the Russian 7.62x39 is a good option for hog killing at .60/rd if your hunting hogs. Is that what you guys use? 5.56 is now .80-$1.00/rd. Steel case ammo is becoming more and more appealing for hunting.
                      When shooting them in the trap. The 22lr works fine.
                      I don’t care for X39 personally. I’m an accuracy fanatic, and X39 just doesn’t do it for me. That said I’ve bought 3-4K X39 and 6.5 Grendel in the past two months for my buddy. I shoot strictly 223 factory ammo or load for 22 Creedmoor. If I can motivate myself enough I’ll start loading for 223 as well. I’m fully supplied for it, but I lack motivation.

Comment

In a perfect world this is how mine would go.
                        .380 - 500rds
                        9mm- 5k rds
                        45acp- 2k rds
                        22lr - 10k rds
                        223/5.56 5k rds
                        6.5CM 1000 rds
                        308. 1000rds
                        30-30 500rds
                        300WM 1000rds
                        450BM 500rds
                        12ga 1500rds
                        20ga 1500rds

Comment

I think for me "enough" is going to be a little more than what I have at any given moment.

Comment

More is never enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I personally haven’t got there yet so I don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What about .22mag? I have shot alot of pigs with it in the head and dropped most of them with one shot at ranges of 100 yards and less. You can get super accurate semiauto platforms for it and the Ammo is so much cheaper than centerfire. Just curious what your thoughts are. I personally have more .22mag than any other round probably 8k.

Comment

Working...
                                X