No announcement yet.

Son's new APR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So happy to hear he is enjoying the rifle. Is that one of the new LRP's? How do ya'll like it?

Comment

Son's new APR

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
      So happy to hear he is enjoying the rifle. Is that one of the new LRP's? How do ya'll like it?

It is the TMOA 6.5-20X50 LRP. Over all impressed so far, turret clicks are positive and clarity is good. It seemed to track fine during sight in but we haven't stretched it out yet. Bryce has come to like the reticle, I'm not convince that I wouldn't prefer a plain duplex...

Randy on here has more range time behind the LRP than I do, he has stretched it out and reported great tracking.

I will have one on my rifle soon [emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
        It is the TMOA 6.5-20X50 LRP. Over all impressed so far, turret clicks are positive and clarity is good. It seemed to track fine during sight in but we haven't stretched it out yet. Bryce has come to like the reticle, I'm not convince that I wouldn't prefer a plain duplex...

Randy on here has more range time behind the LRP than I do, he has stretched it out and reported great tracking.

We have one on a demo gun in the shop. Have not spent much time behind it since sighting it in, but I really like what I see so far. Love the reticle. If it tracks, I could see a couple on hunting rigs in my future.

Comment

That's good stuff no matter how you slice it.

Heck of a bench too. I assume it doesn't wiggle any. [emoji1]

Comment

Lapua 30-06 brass Hydro formed to 280AI, necks turned to .06 clearance, flash holes de-burred.
            Viht N165 powder, Fed 210M primers and 150g LRAB's.

All my son's shooting. I guess we have reached the time that the master succumbs to the student...

only way to go

that rifle is very easy on the eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
              only way to go

that rifle is very easy on the eyes

Thank you Sir and thanks for the forming tip

Comment

I was just about to ask you how y'all liked the LRP. Glad to hear he is enjoying it, he's dang sure making it do work.

I heard the vx3i, 5i and VX-6HD are all using the same glass. Also heard the 3i has less bells & whistles than the 5i and same relationship with the 5i to 6HD.

Wish I knew the exact differences between them all.

They also just brought back the Mark 4 line. Wish I knew what glass they are using in it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post

Wish I knew the exact differences between them all.

They also just brought back the Mark 4 line. Wish I knew what glass they are using in it as well.

Randy,

Pretty sure LEU discontinued Mark4 sales to civilians. They got a huge gov't contract .... https://www.google.com/amp/www.thefi...forcement/amp/

Old inventory (NIB) is still out there; however dealers cannot order new Mk4 from scopes. Cabelas had a blow-out sale of Mk4 scopes for $699 in December

Call customer service to verify the aforementioned link

Comment

Randy,

Pretty sure LEU discontinued Mark4 sales to civilians. They got a huge gov't contract .... https://www.google.com/amp/www.thefi...forcement/amp/

Old inventory (NIB) is still out there; however dealers cannot order new Mk4 from scopes. Cabelas had a blow-out sale of Mk4 scopes for $699 in December

This is correct. They are going to introduce the Mark 5 line of scopes this summer/fall with some marked improvements.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Randy,

I got the most recent guide and outfitter price list last week and it had the Mark 4 and the VX-5I that wasn't there a few months ago when I got my first LRP. Maybe they sent me the wrong list.

Comment

Son's new APR

We got it out to 1000 this weekend and between the rifle and the scope it was by far the easiest to dope of any rifle I have worked with. Every range from 200 to 800 he hit dead on consistent but at 1000 he was about 1 MOA high. Looks like I can add a little velocity to the calcs and fix the 1000 hit without messing up the other ranges much at all.

He ran out of loads, once he re-loads he will back it back to 100 to confirm the scope returns to zero.

Comment

We got it out to 1000 this weekend and between the rifle and the scope it was by far the easiest to dope of any rifle I have worked with. Every range from 200 to 800 he hit dead on consistent but at 1000 he was about 1 MOA high. Looks like I can add a little velocity to the calcs and fix the 1000 hit without messing up the other ranges much at all.

He ran out of loads, once he re-loads he will back it back to 100 to confirm the scope returns to zero.
                          Very nice! Does the Standars VX-3i have the same glass as the LRP? I'm assuming that the only difference is the reticle and turrets?

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                            Very nice! Does the Standars VX-3i have the same glass as the LRP? I'm assuming that the only difference is the reticle and turrets?

That is my belief but there are others here much more informed than I.

Comment

Is that orange strap on your bench to keep it from flying off? Lol.
                              Great shooting. I just picked up a 6 Creed from them and ready to start load development.

Comment

Nice rig

Comment

Working...
                                X