Wild Cattle Hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wild Cattle Hunting?

Anyone heard of any feral "wild" cattle hunts along the Mexican boarder?

Yea saw it on some hunting show last year. Retired fighting bulls.

Comment

I was told one time there are some ranches in s. tex and in w. tex that there are free-ranging wild cattle - cattle that have been breeding in the wild for generations. They are suppose to be wild as heck and some what dangerous to hunt.

Comment

I have always wanted to kill a cow. They have ruined a many of a hunt of mine over the years.

Comment

We hunted Javvy's one year near north of Del Rio on the border. He had some wild cattle he said we could shoot for $300 each. And let me tell you they were as wild as any wild animal out there. They ran when they saw us from 100's of yards away.
          Never heard of anyone just running cattle hunts but it might just be fun.

Comment

I remember reading stories about the Burnham brothers hunting em years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by 46&2 View Post
              I remember reading stories about the Burnham brothers hunting em years ago.
              Murray Burnham is who told me about it years ago. I just never followed through to get the details.

Comment

Sounds like it would be fun. I may have to research it.

Heath, I couldn't have said it better myself!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 46&2 View Post
                  Sounds like it would be fun. I may have to research it.

Heath, I couldn't have said it better myself!!!
                  I have always said that win I win the lotto, I am going to buy myself a big ranch and put a single cow on the place. When it comes through my setup it is getting a slick trick through it.

Comment

Can I run the camera?

Comment

Razor, I thought you was talking about the bull hunts in Mexico,sorry.

Comment

I read a story one time about hunting wild bulls. They were worried about the bull charging out of the brush and ramming the jeep they were riding around in. Sounds like a poor mans cape buffalo to me if they are that mean.

Comment

Sounds like somebody needs to get a horse and a rope, catch'em and haul'em to the sale.

Comment

With cattle prices low, and the drought, I'll be ready to sell you some "Wild Cattle" hunts.

All you need to do is conceal yourself in a hay bale, then shoot one as it approaches.
                            If you want a more exciting chase, put yourself between the animal and the hay and see if you can take it before it goes around/through you.

Let me know and I'll give you a photo, the ear tag number and "Trophy Fee". (Taxidermy services not included).

Bring several Ice chests since these things are 800-1200#.

Comment

ROFL tberg. it might just be worth a wallmount of ol bessy to take some payback from them bastages!

Comment

Working...
                              X