Remington Bankrupt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
    Cerberus and bad quality control probably had more to do with it.
    What I read in Shooting Times was many of the Marlin workers did NOT relocate with Remington. The machinery move was a mess and there never were 3D drawings of the Marlin rifles. Add Cerberus to that. Recipe for disaster.
    I just hope this wasn't the fruit of the anti gunners who wanted to shut down the companies that made guns.

Comment

Originally posted by locknload View Post
      Remington’s sales have declined in part because of receding fears that guns will become more heavily regulated by the U.S. government.

[/url]

For that to be true other gun companies sales will also show a decline.
      I think other company sales have INCREASED.

Remington is just making a sub par product right now.
      Nothing that catches the eye.
      Maybe they should scale back and only focus on a few product lines. Shotguns being one.

Comment

Put garbage in, get garbage out! Historical reputation will only take a company so far, till hungrier and more innovative companies consume your market share. The Marlin 39A was once the best .22 you could buy, I hate to see it go in this mess.

Comment

There was very little traffic around them at Shot Show. Ruger, Savage, Glock, Smith all had 10x more traffic.

Comment

I hate to see an established American company fail like this but it’s part of it.

I have no “backing” of his thought but I would figure that talk of stricter regulation would increase gun sales?

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
              Cerberus and bad quality control probably had more to do with it.
              This

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                Bankruptcy doesnt mean...out of business...
                For companies that size...its a way to clean slate, eliminate debt and reorganize.
                If done right, it could mean a better business model and better quality product..
                This is the most likely scenario.

If I recall correctly, when Remington was bought and this whole conglomerate thing started, it was structured in a way that was pretty certain to screw Remington. Yes sales are down, but I think their debt issue has more to do with how they are structured than sales.

Comment

For companies that size...its a way to clean slate, eliminate debt and reorganize.
                  If done right, it could mean a better business model and better quality product..
                  True...
                  But, it’s very off putting to the customer. Me at least. Could they recover? Maybe.

Comment

I've got an old 870 my Dad got for $40 from his Armory when he returned from Vietnam. It was an MP shotgun in the war. Great gun and still use it as my main bird gun. Proud of it.

I also got my Colt 45 from the Army for $40 when we transitioned to 9 MM and Humvees in the late 80's. Its a classic.

Comment

I love the 2 700s I have and the fieldmaster .22 and one day I'll inherit one of the sweetest shooting wingmasters on the planet! I did get my ammo rebate back this past year and my brother, dad and I are stocked up on core lokts.

With so much hate for Rem here, please liquidate your Rem 1100s, Senderos and those terrible Nylon 66s, I'm a happy buyer, ill PM you my address!

From what I see is they half way pushed out their pistol line about 10 years behind the curve and can not come close to competing with glock, m&p, Sig, Springfield xd lines and on and on... with the RP.. it's by far the ugly duckling and no chance in a crowded affordable pistol market! My personal sadness came with this beauty.. a gorgeous pistol loaded with features and after it launched.. never heard about it again! So weird that they didn't plaster this gorgeous gun on every press release, magazine and put it in the hands of every YouTube r in the gun biz!Click image for larger version

Name:	Remington-R1-Hunter.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	24530557

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                        I love the 2 700s I have and the fieldmaster .22 and one day I'll inherit one of the sweetest shooting wingmasters on the planet! I did get my ammo rebate back this past year and my brother, dad and I are stocked up on core lokts.

With so much hate for Rem here, please liquidate your Rem 1100s, Senderos and those terrible Nylon 66s, I'm a happy buyer, ill PM you my address!

From what I see is they half way pushed out their pistol line about 10 years behind the curve and can not come close to competing with glock, m&p, Sig, Springfield xd lines and on and on... with the RP.. it's by far the ugly duckling and no chance in a crowded affordable pistol market! My personal sadness came with this beauty.. a gorgeous pistol loaded with features and after it launched.. never heard about it again! So weird that they didn't plaster this gorgeous gun on every press release, magazine and put it in the hands of every YouTube r in the gun biz![ATTACH]896853[/ATTACH]
                        This is a pretty gun, but appears to be a total knock off of the Browning Hi-Power and a good example of the unoriginal ideas mentioned in the thread so far. Big green has had more R&D dollars than anyone. Instead of knocking off 100 year old designs, they could have been inventing striker fired pistols, or inertia shotguns and they’d still be on top.

Comment

Reap what you sow

I won’t miss them

Comment

“Feinberg’s firm, Cerberus Capital Management, acquired Remington in 2007 and subsequently saddled it with almost $1 billion in debt.”

Ouch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post

From what I see is they half way pushed out their pistol line about 10 years behind the curve and can not come close to competing with glock, m&p, Sig, Springfield xd lines and on and on... with the RP.. it's by far the ugly duckling and no chance in a crowded affordable pistol market! My personal sadness came with this beauty.. a gorgeous pistol loaded with features and after it launched.. never heard about it again! So weird that they didn't plaster this gorgeous gun on every press release, magazine and put it in the hands of every YouTube r in the gun biz![ATTACH]896853[/ATTACH]

Maybe because they had a tendency to fire if you thumbed the safety off. Bad for publicity. And my ears. And my door panel.

Comment

It’s also a sign of distress and in this case a move directly related to their poor quality control and management.

I haven’t heard of any other firearm companies filing bankruptcy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X