My Cancer update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Cancer update

Had a scan last week, and combined with a scan in November, I am happy to report no tumors at this time. Yay me.

If anyone remembers, 2 years ago this month I went in the hospital and had a tumor removed from my spine, hardware on my spine, and my left kidney removed. Most of February in 2016 in the hospital. Also did 15 radiation treatments. Did therapy, walker, cane, and then walking good again. Went along until October that year, and had a tumor show up on my tailbone. Was taking radiation treatments, slipped in the shower and broke my femur on November 10, also dislocating hip joint. Had a bad reaction to oral immunotherapy drugs and lost 40 lbs. so this time last year I was circling the drain. Finally got past bad reaction and could eat again. Doc started me on Opdivo infusions. Well, no side effects or reactions, and me able to eat again, I started gaining weight back. Long road recovering from the femur fracture. 2 weeks of in house therapy twice, and 60 visits outpatient therapy, progressing from wheelchair, walker and cane, finally graduating off the cane in October 2017. Still can't walk a long ways yet, but I am getting better. 2 straight scans with no indications. Will still do quarterly scans for the forseeable future, along with Opdivo infusions every 2 weeks. Luckily the infusions don't effect me other than 1/2 a day at the lab getting it done. Here I am 2 years into a 2 to 10 year prognosis, and I feel better than I have for 2 years. I couldn't have survived this without my wife, and very good insurance. So tonight, I am hoisting a drink to ME and Her.

Once again don't ignore localized aches, and for goodness sake put a mat down in your shower.

Sorry for the long winded post.
    My cancer is Clear Cell Renal Carcinoma. If anyone is curious.

that's great to hear keep up the good work and take one day
    at a time. A positive att. goes a long way

Comment

Glad to hear the positive report!!

Comment

Great to hear!

Comment

Good deal, I’m glad to hear that. keep it up!

Comment

Good stuff!

Comment

God bless you man, stay strong.

Comment

Great news..

Comment

Good news to hear and you are absolutely correct about the shower mat. My wife slipped and fell in ours a couple of years ago. We had bath mats and I asked her where the h*** it was....she told me it was in the wash....I told her go get another one so there would always be on out. Again congrats on your report.

Comment

Great news ! Keep on fighting!

Comment

Great news!

Comment

Great news!! Hope things continue to improve after having to deal with some terrible circumstances.

Comment

Yep, gotta have a mat. Cost me a year of recovery, and probably never walk right again. Sit down showers ever since. also learned that bathroom doors are not wide enough. Had to take door off the hinges, walker wouldn't go through.

Comment

Wonderful news, glad you had good news

Comment

Awesome! Praise be to God!

Comment

Working...
                              X