• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBH 4x4 trip - Sign Ups

Place: Barnwell Mountain http://www.barnwellmountainra.com/

Date: April 21, 2018

Gates open at 8.

There are cabins and bunkhouses available on site if some folks coming from a distance want to stay at the park. An Executive Inn and The Gilmer Inn are available in town as well.

In Gilmer is a little café called Black Kettle. That might be a good place to meet up, make introductions and fill our bellies before hitting the trails.

BMRA does allow the use of SxS's, ATV's and dirt bikes. At this time I do not know if they are allowed on the same trails as full sized rigs, but I have reached out to the chairman of BMRA for clarification.

A few quick videos of some Barnwell action

Off roading, gilmer tx, jeep, Gilmer (City/Town/Village), 4x4, Texas (US State), Four-wheel Drive (Mass Transportation System), Mud, Offroad

All the rigs that joined us, coming down the hill at the end of Solihull

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I doubt I'll make it since I will have been there the month before and that weekend is my brother's birthday.

The cabins are decent and have a real bathroom, the price is very reasonable also.

Many of the trails allow vehicles and UTV/ATV's but not many of those allow motorcycles. There are a few trails that are vehicle only because of the large ledges on them.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiplashTX View Post
      I doubt I'll make it since I will have been there the month before and that weekend is my brother's birthday.
      That's unfortunate, but I understand. Unfortunately we aren't going to be able to accommodate everyone each time we roll. I am hoping that if we get enough participation we will be able to make a few trips each year to different locations.

At least you'll be able to give a decent trail report.

Comment

I'm the brother. LOL
        If you do it again at a later date, I am sure we will both be in.

Comment

Cantcatch5 and I are planning on it with our 4 wheelers!

Comment

In! Might have another couple tagging along.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
              In! Might have another couple tagging along.
              Another couple as in husband/wife or couple as in a couple more rigs?

Let's keep a running list going similar GRXH

In:
              Fargus
              Cantcatch5
              jlinville
              BFT

Comment

[QUOTE=Fargus;13170651]Another couple as in husband/wife or couple as in a couple more rigs?

Husband and wife they have a jku on 35s

Fargus
                Cantcatch5
                jlinville
                BFT

Comment

Just an FYI, Barnwell is now open at noon on Thursdays.

Comment

[quote=BLACKFINTURKEY;13170654]
                    Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                    Another couple as in husband/wife or couple as in a couple more rigs?

Husband and wife they have a jku on 35s

Fargus
                    Cantcatch5
                    jlinville
                    BFT
                    I'm in! Booked cabin #6 For Friday the 20th and Sat, the 21st. I don't want to have to get up that early on a Saturday to drive out there just to turn around and drive back. Wifey said she's coming with me too!

Comment

[quote=Pullersboy;13171188]

I'm in! Booked cabin #6 For Friday the 20th and Sat, the 21st. I don't want to have to get up that early on a Saturday to drive out there just to turn around and drive back. Wifey said she's coming with me too!
                      When I looked it showed all the cabins booked already.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                        Place: Barnwell Mountain http://www.barnwellmountainra.com/

Date: April 21, 2018

Gates open at 8.

There are cabins and bunkhouses available on site if some folks coming from a distance want to stay at the park. An Executive Inn and The Gilmer Inn are available in town as well.

In Gilmer is a little café called Black Kettle. That might be a good place to meet up, make introductions and fill our bellies before hitting the trails.

BMRA does allow the use of SxS's, ATV's and dirt bikes. At this time I do not know if they are allowed on the same trails as full sized rigs, but I have reached out to the chairman of BMRA for clarification.

A few quick videos of some Barnwell action

Off roading, gilmer tx, jeep, Gilmer (City/Town/Village), 4x4, Texas (US State), Four-wheel Drive (Mass Transportation System), Mud, Offroad

All the rigs that joined us, coming down the hill at the end of Solihull

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsdefKZHrhk
                        I know when we've been out there for Mega Run, they have allowed UTVs on trails with the crawlers. Most of the trails have a bypass that can be negotiated by a UTV.

Comment

[quote=BLACKFINTURKEY;13171208]
                          Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post

When I looked it showed all the cabins booked already.
                          I just got done. Most of them appeared as available to me. You sure you were looking at April 20th & 21st?

Comment

[quote=Pullersboy;13171212]

I just got done. Most of them appeared as available to me. You sure you were looking at April 20th & 21st?
                            Maybe I looked at the wrong day. Thanks I’ll take a second look.

Comment

This thread is worthless without pics

Comment

Working...
                              X