No announcement yet.

This one takes the prize....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My cousin builds houses. He had sheetrocked a whole house and was gonna finish mudding it the next day. He gets there and someone had stole all the sheetrock he had installed. Yep, unscrewed it and stole it.

Comment

Right on time, Chew comes knocking.

Comment

Because Houston.

Comment

That sucks Brandon. You may have to do a live hunt.

Comment

I went to dental school in New Orleans, and my room mates and I lived in a rent house in an OK neighborhood. I came home late one night, put my key in the door, and stopped, because something was different. I couldn't figure it out in the dark, so I blew it off. The next day, when I got home from school, the issue was obvious. Three of the eight foot cypress shutters on the front of the house were gone. Of course, in New Orleans, anything is worth stealing apparently. On a related note, my father and I went to a Saints game one Sunday, and we had to walk adjacent to the expressway for some distance. Well, large portions of the highway railing were replaced with welded angle iron where thieves had sawed off the 8" thick aluminum railing. My father and I figured that they could have made more money per hour at minimum wage working an honest job, but they'd rather work at stealing.

Comment

I'm an electrical contractor. A couple of years ago we had every light fixture stolen from a new home AFTER they were hung.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Comment

When I was a kid my day would purchase houses to renovate and rent out. We had houses all over Houston. The thieves look for houses being renovated. They see deliveries and workers, that's their target. We would have carpet installed, the next day, all gone. Appliances, doors, toilets, you name it, they would steal it. My dad had a couple of bouncer type guys he paid to live in the houses while they were undergoing construction and he found a renter. I remember a couple of nights my dad headed out with a couple of guns to go try to catch people breaking in.

Comment

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
                  That sucks Brandon. You may have to do a live hunt.
                  Been there done that

It's probably the same guy and I swiped Tom Brady's jersey.

Comment

Have y'all ever heard of cranking generator running cords around new building plugging in tool and having no power. Walk back around to see generator gone and a truck hailing *** down the road?

Comment

Wow that's really strange! Years ago I had a friend that owned a lot of rentals. When someone got way behind in their rent he would remove the front door and tell them it needed repairs.

I wonder if he's a contractor in TX now?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                        THIS is the app that everyone in my neighborhood uses also. If you live in a neighborhood/subdivision I would recommend downloading it. Might be surprised that your one of the few not already on it in your neighborhood.
                        I am on it, I will post the event to let the neighbors know. I also reported it to the HPD.

A few years ago I became involved in some of the area crime meetings ... can you believe there were some neighbors that thought that we should just allow people to rifle through our cars at night because after all they are not in our houses! And then when I pulled my stunt with the 870 one neighbor said ....I guess I had the right to do it because after all somebody in my wife's car at one in the morning was somewhat of an invasion of privacy! Invasion of privacy it's called a robbery!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                          I hope the this is an open and shut case. The investigation will probably hinge on fingerprints or DNA. This thief should be locked up. If they catch him, have a few fingers of knob creek to celebrate. Or find the crook and slam him.

See what I did there.
                          Nicely played.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3994.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	179.3 KB
ID:	24484895

I felt like The Dude when the cop came by!

Comment

Used to live in the Valley during Highschool. When we would drive into MEX the rule was to leave your windows cracked and have absolutely nothing in the car. This way the thieves would look inside, see nothing and see they have access to look further and give up as there is no prize to be had. If you didn't do this your windows would be broken out as the thieves broke into your car.

So, if you want to live inner loop just keep all you possessions in storage and leave your house empty and your door open at all times

Comment

I have a buddy here in Iowa and he owns a few rentals. He went to check on one of his properties after the tenants left and when he opened the basement door ........ the STAIRS were GONE!!

Still cannot figure that one out.

Comment

Working...
                                X