X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ll be there no matter the weather.

Comment

Originally posted by SnJGuin View Post
      Acorns already falling and deer eating them up. This should be a sign of a good season to come.
      Actually it is the exact opposite. Good season would have been abundant spring rains and an extended drought from July-November.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        Actually it is the exact opposite. Good season would have been abundant spring rains and an extended drought from July-November.

That’s the way I like it to happen

Rain forecast getting better today

Last edited by Smart; 09-19-2018, 11:48 AM.

Comment

We had a bumper crop of acorns last year. Ruined everything. Hardly any acorns on the trees this year. Hoping that keeps them coming to my food plots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hope it cools down but sure hope the wind changes back out of the south. The stand i need is set for a south wind

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
              based on the farmers almanac and seeing leaves already falling from some trees I am expecting a colder than normal winter. I am ready for an opening weekend where shorts and flip flops are not my choice of hunting wear.
              X2

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                60% chance of rain in my hood for Sat.. hate muddy deer leases when I am there...
                You can walk to your stand from camp!

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                  You can walk to your stand from camp!

My favorite stand is on the north fence line of 2400 acres and camp is on the south fenceline. That’s a long *** walk.

Comment

My favorite stand is on the north fence line of 2400 acres and camp is on the south fenceline. That’s a long *** walk.

Trust me you could use the walk! Just think how many snakes you could run into on the way!

Heck as much rain as y’all get you should probably invenst in an airboat!

Hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by SnJGuin View Post
                      Acorns already falling and deer eating them up. This should be a sign of a good season to come.
                      Acorns been falling in Newton county for a couple of weeks or more. Just saw a Water Oak dropping acorns on my lease in Orange County. Yep, gonna be lots of acorns again.

Comment

Well they already raised it in my area up to 84 degrees. Still better than 100 but not near as nice as mid 70's

Hopefully it won't keep going up!

And if you're in an area where properties around you shoot smaller bucks wouldn't you want acorns to "ruin" hunting? That way the bow hunters should have the advantage..Or at least the bucks may have a chance to grow bigger for the next year.

Comment

80s and rain for me it's looking like. Nothing but rain for the next 2 wks. As long as it isn't pouring I will be in the stand. Free scent control but blood trail will be tricky. Hoping it's light showers and drizzly.

Comment

The front coming down next looks to be stronger than whatmade its way through the state yesterday but it looks like it will be a mid week, rather than weekend front

Comment

It was 61 at the lease this morning and the high is 70.....if the temps are anything near that next weekend it will be a nice weekend regardless of what the deer are doing.

Comment

That’s the way I like it to happen

Rain forecast getting better today

50s would be nice...

Comment

Working...
                                X