Ford F-150 FX4 issue and “no known fix”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford F-150 FX4 issue and “no known fix”

My 2017 F150 FX4 started making a rattle/clunk sound at low speed on uneven surfaces-(kinda sounded like the receiver hitch bumping back and forth) I took it to ford in rockwall and they said they have had a handful of trucks come in that the spring isolators are out of place on. They installed new isolators and put grease between the springs to fix the issue. That lasted about a month and the noise came back. I took it back to ford and they said all they can do is wash the springs and grease the isolators. They did call ford motor company and told them about the issues these trucks are having. Ford replied that they are aware of the issue and at the moment there is “no known fix”

Looks like I spent 40k on a truck and have to live with it rattling. Has anyone dealt with this issue before?

Man I feel like mine is doing this also randomly but thought I was hearing things.... Will have to pay attention alittle more to make sure

Comment

As long as your seat belts don't catch fire...you're good

Comment

Sounds like a problem with the radio.

Comment

?^^

Comment

Originally posted by jrfan View Post
            ?^^
            Turn the radio up and you won’t hear the rattle

Comment

Lmao

Comment

Duct tape....

Comment

Chevy had. Similar problem w intermediate steering shafts...grease is only temporary for noises
                  Give it time they will likely have an updated part soon like they did on chevy

Comment

My 2017 F150 2WD does the same thing sometimes.....I thought it was my trailer hitch rattling too.

Comment

Gm had an issue with the 1/2 trucks with a slip yoke on DS You come to a stop , and then bang you feel the truck move forward . Like you got bumped at the light .

The yoke would bind up GM under warranty replaced it with a nickle coated slip yoke HA HA lasted about 3 months .

I bought a Spicer unit myself installed it problem solved . Sucks some times the no problem found or its normal . HA HA

Comment

Probably not related since their temporary fix helped but check and make sure if your exhaust is clamped together that the clamps are tight.
                        My truck had a similar rattle sound only at low speeds. Ended up being half the pipe was just barely loose, not enough to make the truck louder but enough to rattle. I thought it was just my hitch rattling in the receiver until I took it off and it still happened.

Comment

One reason I quit buying Ford, always felt like a guinea pig.

Comment

Not the exhaust. It goes away when they grease the springs. The message to the service tech from ford motor co.was power wash the springs blow them out with compressed air and grease the isolators. They say this will need to be done periodically. I told rockwall that if there is no known fix then someone owes my *** the 112.00 they charged me when they said they fixed it the first time.

Comment

My 2016 FX4 started doing this exact thing. I haven’t been able to pinpoint where it was coming from. I’m going to try your temporary fix

Comment

Working...
                              X