Import and stock $55k sheep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
    I would rather spend the money and get the full experience of Mongolia. If an Argali hunt came to Texas, it would just be riding around in a truck until you see it then shooting, while drinking a beer.

That hunt is on my bucket list, and is being saved for as we speak.
    That is awesome! Marco Polo, Tur and Blue Sheep are things I dream of but I would gladly hunt any of the Argali's. It would force me to drop some tonnage and hit the gym like no other time in my life.

I guarantee you can shoot a Markhor and transcaspian urial here in Texas much cheaper than their native lands. Lots of that cost is logistics. Takes a lot of work to get hunters in to the sheep country then the price of tags/supply&demand.

In the end, the hunt is about the experience. I have no problem killing anything anywhere. But, given the choice I would love to hunt Mongolia, Russia, the Stans or wherever else the game lives. I love to travel, love to experience the true culture and I love to hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
      I would rather spend the money and get the full experience of Mongolia. If an Argali hunt came to Texas, it would just be riding around in a truck until you see it then shooting, while drinking a beer.

That hunt is on my bucket list, and is being saved for as we speak.
      Exactly. This is one of my dream hunts. The logistics are a huge part of the fun...and cost.

Comment

I saw a desert bighorn sheep hunt on Tiburon Island, Mexico for a 165" to 180", all inclusive with 4 guides for $80,000. Sounds like a bargain to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
          I price-checked a Stone Sheep hunt the other night and the one I looked at was $45,000!

Seems like just a few years ago they were in the $25,000 range and I couldn't have done it then! Crazy!
          Just think, if someone started a program for sheep in Texas, ( raise, fence, and feed), you could probably kill one for $ 15,000 BARGAIN!!!!

Comment

For the hunt of a lifetime, give us a call.  I am looking forward to hunting with you. Tad J. Puckett We offer Nubian, Persian and Alpine Ibex plus Markhor, European Bison and Himalayan Tahr. ...

Don’t have good service but this ranch had all kind of expensive exotic sheep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I couldn’t afford Marco Polo so I hunted Ibex in the same area they lived. Saw some while hunting but they were waaaay off. I think my all in cost was $7k using miles to fly and it was worth every cent. Truly an amazing adventure in a wild wild place. We even got to see an avalanche catching our breath at 14500 feet. My hunt was published in Texas Sporting Journal, I’ll see if I can find it.

I drive a 2005 Corolla with 240k miles to work everyday because a while ago I found that experiences beat “things” every time.

Comment

A lot of the sheep don't do well here in Texas, way too hot.
                I looked into it and then decided against it for now.

Comment

Originally posted by bukkskin View Post
                  A lot of the sheep don't do well here in Texas, way too hot.

I looked into it and then decided against it for now.

So that answers a lot. I was wondering if there was a habitat issue.

Comment

Can't compare going on a multi week expedition to the Middle East to driving around in a ranger or sitting at a feeder in Texas....

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                      I saw a desert bighorn sheep hunt on Tiburon Island, Mexico for a 165" to 180", all inclusive with 4 guides for $80,000. Sounds like a bargain to me!
                      Send me the link I’ll buy two If they are just giving them away

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
                        So I got an email advertising a $45k cancellation hunt for an Altai Argali sheep in Mongolia. It made me wonder, is it possible to stock/breed that species here and charge a LOT less for the hunt? Just wondering why you don’t see a lot more hunt operators taking non-indigenous high dollar sheep and running hunts for them here. If they can do it with Aoudad why couldn’t they with Marco Polo sheep or something.

There are two types of people that pay this kind of money for a hunt. The type who want to go on a hunt and experience the trip. And those who want to go kill something.... Yes both exist..If you want to bring species to Texas and throw them in a fence, missing out on the experience are you doing it for the right reason??

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                          Just think, if someone started a program for sheep in Texas, ( raise, fence, and feed), you could probably kill one for $ 15,000 BARGAIN!!!!
                          and it also wouldnt be any less gay than these sexier and hotter than hunts on here

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                            I found that experiences beat “things” every time.
                            Couldn’t agree more

Comment

It is all about the adventure.
                              A Texas hunt does not compair to a South African hunt, a South African hunt does not compair to Mozambique

I want to hunt bear in Russia

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                                It is all about the adventure.
                                A Texas hunt does not compair to a South African hunt, a South African hunt does not compair to Mozambique

I want to hunt bear in Russia

I’m with you on Russia... researching it now. I’m hoping to do a brown bear hunt in 2020 and looking at all options. Wondering if I can save money by doing it in Russia vs Alaska and still have a great adventure.

Comment

Working...
                                X