No announcement yet.

Need opinions on truck bed covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the Retrax. If for some reason I had to buy another one, it would be a Retrax. Low profile. and can lock it in any position along the track. Took about 20 minutes to install.

Comment

Thanks for the replies Mike. I'm leaning heavy towards that one now.

All the best,
      Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by cajuntec View Post
        Those look really nice, and I like the idea of being strong enough to stand on, but they seem to be really easy to pry up (like someone did with my friends diamond-plate aluminum toolbox). It also stands out quite a bit, being above the bed and shiny aluminum.

I was hoping to find something that was even with the bed, black, blends in, and is fairly secure.

All the best,
        Glenn
        They are available in black for an extra charge. They are not easy to get into with cross bolt locks going under the bed lips. Check out link:

Comment

I've had a G4 Elite on my last 2 pickups. Great cover. Doesn't leak water at all. My 2016 Silverado tailgate definitely lets dust in if you don't put a seal around the tailgate. I had one in, and the glue came loose. I took it out and haven't replaced it yet. Last trip to the lease I got a lot of dust in the bed, but that isn't the fault of the bed cover. Gotta get a new seal put in before I go back.

Comment

Leaning heavily towards the G4 Elite. One more question - I have Hide-A-Hooks in my 4 bed rail pockets. Will I have to remove those to install this cover, and if so, does the install cover those 4 pockets so they won't be open to the weather?

All the best,
            Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by kgrutzmacher View Post
              Ordering the Bakflip MX4 tomorrow. Had the F1 previously and just prefer the matte finish of the MX4.

Got one coming from the factory - $715 shipped. Didn't want to spend more...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Leaning heavily towards the G4 Elite. One more question - I have Hide-A-Hooks in my 4 bed rail pockets. Will I have to remove those to install this cover, and if so, does the install cover those 4 pockets so they won't be open to the weather?

All the best,
                Glenn
                You'll have to remove them. The holes are covered on my Chevy 6.5' bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                  You'll have to remove them. The holes are covered on my Chevy 6.5' bed.
                  Dang. I liked having those on there too. Oh well, at least the holes are covered. Thanks for the response.
                  All the best,
                  Glenn

Comment

+1 for Retrax

Comment

Love the retrax... little pricey..

Comment

Dang. I liked having those on there too. Oh well, at least the holes are covered. Thanks for the response.
                        All the best,
                        Glenn
                        My Chevy has holes (currently plugged) inside the bed where you can install tie down loops/hooks. It also has some in the corners of the bed that are there permanently. I don't miss having them on the bed rails personally, but it would depend on how much you use them I guess.

Comment

I saw these for tie downs, and they look neat.

Anyone use them?

Bullring's Chevy / GMC Bullet retractable tie down anchors are specially designed to fit Chevy Silverado & Colorado; and GMC Sierra & Canyon. Stainless Steel Ring snaps up when you want to use it, and snaps flush when you don't. With a 1000 lbs rating, and BullRing Lifetime Guarentee.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                          X